2059: Big in Japan (RP Topic)

Today, the streets of Tokyo are crowded and busy, just like any other day in Japan’s capital city. the shouting of pedestrians and the smaells of street food permeated throughout the city blocks. This may seem like a familiar scene, but look more closely and you may find that some things are…odd.

The people wear strange clothes (Which actually isn’t that different to today’s Japan, come to think of it), and some seem to even have robotic limbs. Holograms display adds intead of giant screens on Scyscrapers, and Robot servants follow their masters through the streets.
Because this isn’t Japan, 2019. It is Japan, 2059.

And in this time period, superheroes are at their prime, experiencing a renaissance not seen since the golden age in the 2010’s.

We now observe the lives of the heroes and villains of Tokyo, Japan…

@Khalsa721
@Bramsley
@Omega_Tahu
@L.O.S.S-KAL
@_el
@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika
@Traykar
@meepinater
@jayzor17
@Jcton
@TichePotato
@Ahkmou
@TheMightyObsidianDude
@Toa_Radrix
@Runa

1 Like

Mr kettle is out burying a body

3 Likes

It walks through the street, its unnatural giat drawing the attention more than the ancient armor which it wears. However none approaches the strange figure, uneasy about what would happen should they confront the figure.

Meanwhile by the Port of Tokyo, in the Oi container terminal, a ship has just docked and is currently being unloaded by a group of burly Dock workers. After the ship is fully unloaded three shipping containers are set aside to a quieter area of the port. An hour later and the Dock workers meet by the containers, under the light of a tall lantern, they are met by a group of men in suits (their tattoos peeking from the tops of their collars indicate them to be Yakuza, a particularly unpleasant clan). “Do you have the merchandise?” the men in suits ask, impatience plainly heard within the speaker’s voice. Silently the Dock workers open one of the three containers; revealing a veritable cash of assault rifles, explosives, and experimental laser devices. “This is a good start, but we’ll need a little more than that if you want access to our territory” smiles the leader of the men in suits. The lantern starts to flicker… and move as it is currently in the hands of a large man with smooth grey skin “pas d’entente” the man says before bringing the lantern down on the lead man’s head. A sickening crunch can be heard, as well as few small cracks as Harbour lights and his team dispose of the remaining Yakuza, save one. Harbour lights leans over him and growls “C’est notre territoire maintenant!”

1 Like

Thos drove along the sidewalk of Tokyo. Several people smiled and patted his smooth, shining dome. He said nothing. He had no need to bother with innocent humans.
Indeed, he had a mission. And if he made the mistake of messing with the humans, well…
Let’s just say he will come back, in that darned blue box of his and his sonic screwdriver.
No, Thos had to leave those humans alone.
Thos continued driving, the hover units under him keeping him less than a millimeter off the ground.

Ross clunks through the streets, head hunched and loosely carrying an empty bottle in his hands. He glanced down at the empty thing. It was useless anyways, he could hardly drink anything now anyways. But it was comfortable, the feeling of the bottle between his large metal fingers reminded him of better days and it made him happy. He was happier back then after all, right?

Thos’ eyestalk trained in on Ross. Several pieces of information and data rolled down his view, as he zoomed in.
“Name: Ross. Status: Unknown. Course of Action: Investigate.”
Thos turned and began to follow Ross silently.

1 Like

Ross continued to aimlessly wander the streets, often pausing at intersections and looking up to find the path of least resistence. He didn’t seem to be in the right state of mind to notice Thos.

1 Like

Thos continued to follow Ross, his eyestalk trained on him the entire time.
“Status: Intoxicated.” Thos concluded.

1 Like

Eventually Ross would enter a park and drift along the paths in between the pink blooms of the trees. A bench would appear around the corner, and with a heavy thumb and a groan of wood he’d come to rest on it.

1 Like

Thos would follow him. He hovered up behind the bench and looked down at Ross, his eyestalk right above his head.

“Do you need assistance?” He suddenly screeched, the lights on his dome flashing with each syllable.

1 Like

Ross turns around rather quickly and stares daggers at the bot. “Scram, you bot. Your kind does nothing but ruin moments like these. Scram I say.” He turns back around and slouches over, rubbing his temples. “Dang bots.” He mutters.

1 Like

“On the contrary… I am not a robot!” Thos screeched.
“Perhaps i need to… enlighten you?”

1 Like

“Looks like bot moves like a bot screeches like bot your a gosh dang bot, get out of here already. Your kind is meant to listen to directions, right? Then scram.” He shoos away Thos with one arm, not bothering to turn around to address him directly

1 Like

Thos does the exact opposite, and moves in front of Ross.
“I am not a robot! I am a Dalek!” He screeched angrily, his lights flashing.
The whisk-like structure that made up one of his “arms” flicked towards Ross, the tip glowing blue.

1 Like

Ross simply lifted one of his legs and gave a weighty kick to the bot. “I don’t care which make and model ya are, leave me be. I’m not in the mood to hang around your kind.”

The thick armor didn’t give into the kick, except for a dull thump.
Thos screeched again, “You disregard what I have told you! This is a crime against Daleks!”
The whisk glowed brighter.
“Ex-ter-mi-nate!”

1 Like

Ross places a foot on the middle of Toss and kees him at a distance. “Dear god, your bunch are insufferable.”

1 Like

The whisk fires a bright blue beam of energy at Ross.
“You mock me! Ex-ter-mi-nate!”

Ross is in no position to effectively dodge out of the way, and gets hit squarely in the shoulder. “God dang robots, get out!” He kicks at Toss again, before standing up and trying to kick him again.

1 Like