2059: The Dark Reflection

What is it that you most truly desire?

“Nothing I can’t get myself.”

I could grant you Immortality. Even Godhood.” the shadow whispered into The General’s ear so nobody else would hear.
You could rule a universe, even multiple universes, and I have the power to grant that to you.

“An interesting proposition, but one I’ve heard before. I’ve lived a long life, long enough to see the pattern, the cycle that binds everyone and everything together. Do you see it? Or are you as blind to it as the sheep we wolves hunt?.”

Of course I see it. I am nearly as old as the Multiverse. I am among it’s most powerful beings. I promise to not turn my back once my end if the deal has been fufilled."

“I can vouch for that.” Gamemark commented.

" Then you must know how this ends."

How so?” The Shadow King hissed, getting closer tonThe General’s face.
@Traykar

“You tell me, you see the cycle.”

1 Like

Ah, so the cliche` goes something like this: A dark and powerful entity(me) offers (insert desire) to a dumb bafoon(you) in exchange for performing a task for them. Once said task is completed, the dark entity betrays his employee, most often killing him.” the shadow king bluntly said.
-But I intend to break that cycle. Because I have been meticulously crafting the plan for my freedom over many aeons. I have come to realize that such a decision would be bad for business. And so I promise not to repeat the mistakes made by those past.” Shadow King assured.

“You don’t see it then. How telling.”

How do you see the cycle?

“I have nothing more to say to you, pawn of fate.”

The Shadow King cackled, almost insanely.
You fool! I am nobody’s pawn, nobody’s underling! I am the rightful ruler of the Multiverse! No being can be above me.

Elias collapsed on the ground, clutching his head.
The shadows in the room grew around him, casting the room into near-pitch black darkness.

Richard ran to Elias.
“C’mon, man. Wake up!” He said, slapping Elias’ cheek.

In response, Elias thrust his arm out and grabbed for Richard’s neck.

Richard began to choke as the wind was forced from his throat. He repeatedly punched Elias’ arms in an attempt to free himself.

Elias grunted in pain, but he did not relent.
"The shadow will prevail." he growled, very much not like himself.

Richard’s eyes widened. “W-what?!” He choked out.

@Jcton
Voidmaster tried to get past the box as he watched Plexus carry out his work.

Elias stood up stiffly.“I came for them.”
He pointed at Mark and Jack.
“They will interfere. They will destroy the plan.”