2059: The Dark Reflection

“Well, I used to watch YouTube, and I’m a huge movie buff!”
@meepinater

“That’s cool!” Grace replied.

“Yep!” Jake smirks “Say, since this is the future, what’s Star Wars: Rise Of Skywalker like?”

“Uhh…” Grace shrugged.
“Dunno.”

“So…” Jake pauses, trying to think of a good conversation maker “how’s life?”
@meepinater

“It’s alright. You?” Grace replied.

“Is it really still 2059?”
Caesar walked the streets of New Evo, new phone in hand. He found that nothing had changed much, aside from the new memorials to those that died during the invasion. Caesar went about trying to find his old apartment, or at least the subway he would take to it.
“I’ve completely forgotten where everything is…”
He started looking around for someone to ask for directions, and found a couple on a bench nearby.
“Sorry if I’m interrupting anything, but do either of you know directions to the nearest metro station?”
@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika
@meepinater

“Then Bring him to me, as soon as possible.” Gamemark ordered, as he began stepping back.

“Yeah, there’s one a few blocks that way.”
Grace pointed to the metro station.

“I still don’t exactly see why we need your help. We’ve been pulling this job over and over again for what feels like a millennia.” Monty replied.

“Alroght, thank you.”
Caesar walks off in the direction of the metro.

Every radio airwave and TV signal found it’self interrupted with a mysterious broadcast, the voice on it was garbled, thrown through so many filters that it was unrecognisable.

“Denizens of New Evo city.” The voice drew a shuddering breath. “We have your city hostage. With the push of a button everyone in your city.” Another quivering breath was heard. “Our Demands are quite simple. The execution of every powered individual within the city. You have three weeks to round up every super powered individual and execute them. We will need proof of their deaths. This is not a hoax.”

“Probably just a scammer…” Oliver sighs

“I feel like captain America!” Jake chuckles
@meepinater

“What do you mean?” Grace asked, confused.

“Captain America is a superhero who wakes up in the future…” Jake pauses
@meepinater

“Oh. Yeah. I didn’t know you meant that part.”
Grace chuckled.
“Are you a superhero?” She asked.

“Well…” he revealed his claws “Yea, and something tells me you are!”
@meepinater

Grace smiled shyly.
“Well, yeah. I am.”
She shot a strand of web at the bench.

“Impressive!” Jake smirks
“Though, I don’t have to worry about being eaten, do I?” He jokes
@meepinater

“No, no. I don’t eat people.” Grace said, laughing.