2059: The Invasion

Mark glared at the Salesman one last time as he vanished.

@jayzor17
“We need to find out where they went.” Mark said to Marissa, before his phone rang.

Mars folds her arms, waiting for Mark to finish with his distraction. She wasn’t the thinker around here; it wasn’t like she was going to come up with anything. And she hadn’t even got to fight that stranger, either. She rolls her eyes, letting [Rush] vanish. One of these days she would get a good fight. Soon, hopefully.

After moving a good amount of the pebbles an empty pitch black space would reveal itself.

The tarp seemed secured to the cage firmly.

It would stick.

Snapshot scowls at the tarp. It felt so claustrophobic in there with the tarp on. Of course, that was probably the point. Grimacing, she activates her intangibility again, phasing back inside the cage. She takes another look around, looking for any other possible clues.

The salesman appeared next to the plague doctor, “shall we begin?”

There was the giant in chains, the chains themselves, the giant carving knife, the carvings, and the material for carving. Outside of that, there wasn’t much else.

She shakes her head. She would have to try something if she wanted a way out of here. She moves closer to the giant, standing in front of it.

“How do I free you?” she asks.

@L.O.S.S-KAL
@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika
@jayzor17
“Hello?” Mark said, picking up the phone. suddenly, Richard butted in on the conversation. “Mark, we’ve found some important information. The plague doctors are in alliance with other villains,. as we thought. But what we also found was important. The plague doctors are planning something big, and-” Mark cut Richard off. “Save that for later, Richard. Sadie and Elias are missing. Some guy called The Salesman whisked them away, and Paradigm is MIA as well.”

Richard was silent on the other end for a moment.
“…I think I may know where they were taken.” he then said.

“really? where?” Mark asked.

Then, Richard told him the location.
“Okay.” Mark finally said. “Head back to the mansion with your group so we can rendezvous and develop a plan.” he then hung up.

@Holi
@Khalsa721

Plague Knight nodded at The Salesman. " I am quite surprised that you didn’t recognize my friend here." he said to Sadie.
“You know, he was quite an Infiltrator in his day.”

Einhver finished with the last couple wires, moved her let experimentally, and satisfied with the results she began plating her leg in armor again.

The giant beamed. “Free! Free! Take chain away! Free!”

Mars watches Mark expectantly. She can only hear half the conversation, but what she heard sounds promising.

“Well?” she asks.

“‘Take chain away’?” she repeats. “How?”

“We discovered where Plague Knight and his group are hiding out.” Mark said as he hung up the phone. “The other heroes are on their way here now, and we will figure out a plan once they arrive.”

“…that pun was terrible,” deadpans the salesman

The giant’s face suddenly stopped beaming, and he looked at the shackles on his wrist and began thinking as deeply as his limited intellect would let him.

“That’s the thi-” Oliver panted “KYRO IS GOING TO DESTROY THE PLANET AND I’M ABOUT TO DIE!”

“Whatever.” Plague Knight sighed. this is why I never make jokes…
“Do you have them?” Plague Knight asked the Salesman vaguely.

He opened his hand, revealing a pair of rings, like that of what Parvus was wearing

Einhver finished the plating herself in armor again quite quickly, summoned in a couple spare pieces of armor, and then took to the skies again, appearing more or less as she had previously.

@Omega_Tahu The Paladin puts his other foot on the wall, and at the same time puts his hand back on the floor.

He’d have no trouble standing on the wall and the hand felt entirely unnecessary. As for as he could tell, this was now the floor and the old floor a wall.

Mars rolls her eyes. “Whatever. Just let me know when we’re ready to go.” She walks away, looking for something to do.

Snapshot leaves the giant to think, walking over the the knife. She crouches down next to it, examining it more closely. She grabs it with both hands, lifting it as she stands.