2059: The Invasion

Einhver eventually noticed the swarm of people outside the mansion, and slowly descended towards the area. “What is the meaning…” She began, trailing off as she noticed their identical appearances. “What magic is this?..”

@Bramsley
“Don’t worry, I have a secret passageway that we can sneak out of. They can’t get into this mansion, and they won’t see us leave.” Richard assured.

“And as for the base, I have already obtained a few brief maps and blueprints.” he said as he laid them out onto the table.

@Khalsa721
@Holi
“Don’t worry, this shall not hurt one bit.” Plague Knight said to Sadie as The Salesman approached her with the rings.

Meanwhile, Old Father Time descended down an elevator, accompanied by two men in navy bodysuits with Golden pauldrons and knee-pads. After three loops of the same music (which was simultaneously soothing and irritating) he arrived at the bridge of the Submarine, where Depth Charge sat upon their Command throne “You’ve been doing well for yourself” chided OFT, Depth charge responded with what sounded like a chuckle “I suppose I have, though unlike you I never stoppedthey replied. Depth charge descended from his throne, his metal legs rhythmically striking the floor "Come with me, allow me to show you what I’ve been Working on" asks Depth Charge, intrigued OFT follows.

@Mctoran
Great job Richard! Now my final question… Where is the base exactly, I haven’t been there myself and there could be some factors at the location which they could use to their advantage.

@Bramsley
“It’s a bit of a journey from here, but it isn’t too far from this city. So the geography is more-or-less the same.” Richard replied. “Anyways, if we are all prepared, i’d suggest we leave as soon as possible, as this is a very time-sensitive mission.”

@Monopoly
@meepinater
@Toa_Radrix
@Khalsa721

Meanwhile, Trevor- Plague Knight’s right-hand man, was holding a mission briefing of his own with the villains.

“The heroes are expected to deduce our location and arrive here soon. You all know the roles you’re playing in our trap, and you shall play them well. Do you understand?” he said, to which Charbydis and White Hood nodded.

Quadran spoke: “We were informed from our headquarters that our army transporters are arriving on Terra very soon.The plan is as good as accomplished.”

1 Like

At once the domes on the UFOs opened up releasing a swarm of nanites that began cutting away the ship.
----------------------------------------------------–-----
Meanwhile ‘Exorcist’ was busy dusting Bruce and Katarina’s place. As they made their rounds they reached the Bacta chamber
@meepinater

Trevor nodded with satisfaction. “Excellent.”

The ship was going too fast

Kyro would suddenly feel it become much warmer…as if it was a furnace.

“I warned you.”

Something heavy impacted the side of the rocket

“Now I’ve got to take matters into my own hands”

Suddenly, something detached from the rocket

It was a furnace

A talking blast furnace
@L.O.S.S-KAL

1 Like

“Yes.” Scrapper answered. “So I’m going to go and stand outside the door now.”

1 Like

Trevor nodded, dismissing him.

“W-what?”

Against his better judgement, he tried to poke the hole.

Catherine sighed. “You heard about the satellite, right?” She asked.

Lauren’s face falls, and she rests her head on one hand. “You know, I was really hoping you weren’t going to say that.”

She nods. “It was infected by some living virus guy, and had a big laser and…” She falls silent. “…and it was the only way he could think to stop him.” She said, walking over and picking up his mask to show it, almost as if it were evidence. “…He wanted me to tell you.”

1 Like

Lauren nods, her face grim. “Thank you. If you need anything from me, don’t hesitate to ask. You can use Runa’s computer like you did earlier, or I can set up a more regular channel if you’d like. I’ll be in the area for a while; there’s a lot to keep up with in this city.”

She smiles. “Thank you. I’ll keep in touch.” She gets up and stretches. “But for now I have to work on my suit and find the rest of the people on the list. I’ll find you if I need you.”

1 Like

“Of course, of course.” Lauren stands, retrieving her her suitcase and heading for the door. She waves in farewell, then is gone.

After she leaves, Catherine sighs and goes back to finding something to help buff out the scratches, if she can.

1 Like