2059: The Invasion

“Yeah well it wasn’t easy.” Nexus remarks.

Bruce stands up and walks towards them. “But you did it.”

“It’s not much, but the security cameras showed that the space man came in from the east. Also I was right about you having powers.”

“It’s why with everything that’s happened I just want to be normal for once. I would to just be a mother so maybe we don’t bring the baby into this.” Sadie told him, honestly not caring anymore about some stupid villains.

2 Likes

Carlie turned to Caeser. “Want to go catch lizard boy instead of standing around talking?”

“Yes, and your point?”

Katrina nodded.
“Yeah, well… not a lot of this will be.” She looked at Bruce.
“Okay. Shall we try a few more times?”

Elias listened to Mark and Sadie. He glanced at Richard, a small smile tugging at his mouth.
@Mctoran

“I can’t believe it. I’m going to be a father…” Mark said as he slowly smiled. He then hugged Sadie. “I’m so happy!” He then looked at her stomach. "Is it a boy or a girl?
@Khalsa721

Richard smiled back at Elias, winking.
@meepinater

1 Like

“Yeah, I guess so.” Bruce said. “So only things which are bad about your family trigger you right?” he asked.

“Yeah, pretty much.” Nexus said.

“Okay, their deaths was necessary.” Bruce said and with that Nexus snaps and jumps towards the two creating a energy shockwave.

Katrina steps back and flips on her helmet. She crouches and stabilizes herself. “Ethan…” she warned. “You need to take a deep breath.”

“My point is that this city is surrounded by you people!” Kyro spits

But the lizard was long gone

Elias grinned, folding his arms.

Bruce staggers back. “No, he needs to hear this,” Bruce said.

“Hear what!” he said. “To hear how you try to change me into a superhero! to hear how you try to trash m family?!”

“We all got dead people in our lives but if you keep doing this you’ll only destroy yourself and whatever it’s left in you so you have to move on!”

Nexus strikes Bruce with a fire punch which luckily Bruce dodges. “Would they want you to see you like this?” he asked.

Nexus creates a fire sword and swings at Bruce only to have it blocked by his own saber.

“Tell me!” he said. “What do you choose to move on or suffer.”

“Shut up!” Nexus yelled punching him with a fire fist which sends Bruce flying back followed by barage of energy bolts at him and Katrina.

“I’m not sure yet.” Sadie smiled “all I know Is that unless my family is threatened I want to focus on being a mother.” She told him, kissing him.

“So do I.” Mark said. “I mean, being a father. Not a mother.” He then quickly said, laughing nervously.

Katrina rolled to the side. “Ethan!” She said. “Calm down!”

Elias leaned over to Richard and whispered, “Those two are so adorable and perfect together.”
@Mctoran

Richard nodded. “Well congratulations, ‘Uncle Eli’.” he then said, chuckling.

Elias’ eyes widened.
“Oh. I forgot about that.” He chuckled.

Nexus ignored her, Bruce jumped at his neck in a holding manner. “We are trying to be your family!”

Nexus growls and flips Bruce over to the ground. “You are not my family!” and punches him and again and again each punch getting harder till he broke his mask and throw it to the side only to see Bruce’s face.

“If we are not, why did you accept our help?” he asked.

Nexus said nothing and he lets go of Bruce.

Katrina stood up.
“Ethan…” she said, her tone low and cautious. “Stand down. We aren’t trying to hurt you. Okay?”

“I just hope you’ll continue to let us stay here. We’re going to be needing the room now.” Sadie smiled “honestly I’d never think I’d ever be in this spot if it wasn’t for you.” Sadie kissed mark “thanks.”

1 Like

“I think it’s enough training for today,” Ethan said, his suit revealing his face, he helps Bruce stand up on his feet.

“I need some time alone for myself,” Ethan said. “I’ll be joining you…but not until I have defeated my inner demons.” he walks away.

“Where are you going?” Bruce asked.

“Somewhere I could do that,” Ethan said. “When you need me, call me,” he said throwing him a comunicator. “Till then, I’ll be gone for a while.”