2059: The superhero revolution (RP topic)

Tempest shrugs,
“I tend to let the crazy person in the metal winged suit do that. It worked great last time, and no I am not referring to myself.”

Darkwing nodded. “Alright.”
he stepped into a shadow and disappeared, reappearing at the top of a nearby building.

Novus flies up towards him. “Well you did attack us.” She says. The blade of Project: Master-Moonedge extends. “So maybe you do deserve it.”
I’m not that crazy… She thinks to herself.

I'm back, sorry for the de-” The voice that can be assumed to be Runa radios her. “Wait what the hell are you doing in R-Mechanical Overdrive?! That can damage the machine and even you if you aren't careful!” Cathering kindly ignores him for now.

Darkwing crouches on top of the building. “I’m glad you said that.”
He snaps his fingers, and several copies of him appear, all moving the same. “So how about it?” they all say, taunting Catherine.

She keeps her eyes on the original that was there before all the rest and throws a volley of laser shots, most at him, with a few shooting off at the other copies.

The group shuffles around as Catherine fires, and as one they run towards the edge of the building and jump, performing a graceful flip before all disappearing in a shadow.
Darkwing shoots up into the air behind Catherine, on another building.

Catherine hears him and drops down below where he’d go, flipping upside down with a kick back towards the oncoming figure. She then hears a voice other than Runa’s: It’s the suit’s systems.

Project: Novus reaching maximum limit. If core inhibitors are not reactivated, damage to systems will be irreparable. She curses. “Just a bit longer…” She mutters.

No, you don't have 'just a bit longer.'” Runa tells her. Remote override: Active. R-Mechanical Overdrive: Deactivated. With that, her suit returns to normal, the sparks and flames of pure energy fading.

Darkwing extends his hands up, and a column of shadow shoots up.
The second Darkwing touches it, he disappears, only to reappear on the ground.
“Can’t touch me!”

Novus growls. Then shoots at him again, the light from the lasers likely messing with the nearby shadows as they approach. She dashes in right behind her, her wings malfunctioning slightly and dropping her a few inches before regaining balance in the air as she flew. “And that's the danger of R-Mechanical Overdrive.” She hears Runa tell her, which she again doesn’t respond to.

Darkwing dodges, jumping into another shadow. “What?” He asks as the lasers hit it.
“Oh.”
He snaps his fingers and an illusion of a shadow wall appears.

Tempest flies up in a quick burst,
“I guess I should intervene. I’d rather not have old Runa coming at me for failing to protect his daughter…person…protege’?”
Tempest glides over to Project Novus,
“Can you distract him? I’ve got a plan”
He unlatches his Plaeg Cannon,
“I need his undying focus to be on you.”
Tempest flies off to a distance, roughly twenty blocks away on top of a skyscraper.

“No problem.” She says running around the wall and coming at him with more laser fire, a few of which misfire and just don’t appear, but most coming out and flying straight for Darkwing.

Darkwing curses loudly and runs into a shadow on the wall, forcing up a barrier. He kneels behind it and looks around.
“Where’s the other guy?”
He shrugs. “Never mind.”

Tempest charges his Plaeg Cannon on the skyscraper’s roof. He watches the fight from it, waiting for the perfect opportunity.

Novus tries to go around the wall, and if she should see Darkwing, she’d run at him, stabbing with her blade.

Darkwing yelled, narrowly dodging the blade.
“Geez, lady!” He formed another wall when an idea popped into his head.
He backed up, forming walls around the two seemingly at random.
He ran through the maze, laughing to himself.

Tempest watching this flew up to another position, waiting for that perfect shot.

She extended her wings and jumped up, flying shakily, until she landed on top of one of the walls. She kept her wings out as she ran along, looking for Darkwing, just in case she needs to catch her fall if one happens.

There was a thin layer of shadow on the walls, preventing her from seeing into the maze but yet somehow not solid.

She groaned as she sees this, shooting lasers through it to see if light could be seen through the top as she ran along, surprised that creating this much shadow energy during the middle of the day wasn’t putting any sort of strain on Darkwing.