2059: The superhero revolution (RP topic)

Darkwing indeed was getting quite tired, although he did his best not to show it.
The lasers would pass through, creating temporary holes.

Darkwing stood in the maze, catching his breath. “Geez, this took a lot more out of me than I though it would.”

Tempest sighs, the maze made things more difficult. He keeps moving positions, watching Project Novus and keeping and eye out for Darkwing.

She would use a constant laser stream(with some breaks in it occasionally due to the damage to the suit from Overdrive) on the thing, using it as a light to try and see through it as she ran along.

She could she through easily.
Darkwing was on the farthest side from her.

She ran towards him and dropped in, shooting one laser blast, followed by a slash.

Tempest saw where P:N dropped in. Thinking it was the location of their enemy, he decides to send a plasma shot towards their location. Obviously he wouldn’t want to kill Project Novus, so he sends out a radio transmission,
"dodge."

Darkwing cursed loudly, then fell unconscious as he took the hits.
All the shadows shrank back to their normal size as the villain crumpled to the ground.

She would hear a very garbled version of it, due to her channel being a different private one, but she’d get the gist, dodging backwards as the plasma likely went over the fallen Darkwing’s head. She laughs. “And another triumph!” She says triumphantly. “…Now what?”

Tempest laughs,
“I guess she didn’t need me.”
He sent another transmission,
"So how has Runa faired these long years and are you his daughter or something?"
He leaps off the building and flies back to them.

She motions for him to come down to her, as talking in person would be easier.

He lands nearby,
“Hi, my name is Tempest… pio seeho iam totuwu ri.”

“Project: Novus.” She replies. “And how do you know Runa?”
I'd like to know the same thing.” Runa radios to Catherine, attempting to access Tempest’s radio.

Tempest explains,
“I’m a Celerion…wait a Celestial ambassador.I’m sure he knows Gridmaster. I came to tell Runa that Gridmaster has recently passed the torch, in our world a ceremony of his passing, and as such two new Celestials have taken his place. I, Tempest, used to go by a different name, may be the name Cellulitis would ring a bell to Runa’s ears?”

His radio was silent, it seemed it was only turned on for the few seconds he wanted to talk to Project Novus.

Well well, that it would.” Runa says. “Bring him to HQ. I want to talk to him myself.

“He says he remembers.” Novus says to Tempest. “And he wants you to come to our current base of operations.” She turned to lead him there. “And as a note, no, I’m not his daughter. Just an…well, I guess apprentice works.”

Tempest nods,
“Well, that works. I was just a bit curious… in my eyes, you reminded me of when he faced Gridmaster for the first time…that was a spectacle. He used a mode of his armor, when I saw you do the same thing I knew you were somehow related to Runa.”

On the ground, Darkwing moaned.
He sat up, rubbing his head.
He removed his skull mask, revealing a black eye and bloody nose. “Ugh. That hurt.”
Elias looked at Catherine and Tempest.
“Not bad, i guess.”

Tempest looks back,
“Want to shake hands?”
He removes the gauntlet on his left hand, holding it out to shake.

Elias looked confused.
“Really?”

Tempest nods,
“it was a good fight, now you should go and take a break.”

Novus looked on, wary to let him go. “Ehhhhhh…fine. Just don’t cause more trouble than it’s worth.” She said. She turned back to Tempest. "Yeah, he made the Project: Novus suit for me. Well, not for me specifically, I was just in the right place at the right time.