2059: The superhero revolution (RP topic)

Catherine walks into her changing room and removes the Project: Novus suit, then changing from the workout clothes beneath into something a bit more comfortable: Sneakers, yoga pants, and a loose fitting T-■■■■■. She then headed out and went to the cafeteria. “He isn’t here yet?” She mentions, noting Runa’s absence.

Tempest only had his helmet off. He kept the rest of the suit on,
“Apparently not…”
His physique was quite old, may be late sixties or even early seventies. His hair was graying and it was neatly combed.

“Wow, even older than Runa.” She comments. “I think. You can only get so much of a read on someone when all you see of them is the back of their head.”

Tempest laughs,
“Never judge a book by its cover. Runa was so young when he was a hero, I’d say I was in my twenties when I was on the streets fighting crime, and he was nearly a decade younger!”

“Really?” She said. “And he was still…well, y’know…not fully human?” She asked, trying to dance around the question.

Tempest nods,
“He was like that then…I think it was a poor choice, though I’m glad to see you’re not in the same situation, the Celestial’s gift must’ve helped…”

“He said that he feels regret about it, but he thinks it was for the best.” She said, sitting down. “But that he didn’t want anyone else to go through it. That’s why he made the Project: Novus suit. He knew he wouldn’t be able to do it for as long as most, and that he needed a successor. And the rest it history.” She’s silent for a moment. “Wait, gift? Celestials? Are they like, aliens? What’d they give 'em?”

Katrina thought quietly. “I think I do have that person.” She said quietly.

@Jcton
Elias tried to find Tempest’s location through the comm.

1 Like

Tempest smiles,
“His name was Gridmaster, the Celestial was a friend of Runa’s. His gift was a hole to near the center of the earth. I believe it was for that green gem he ever so liked…”
Tempest’s helmet eyes flashed red for a second. He picked up the helmet and pressed a button on the back. A hologram popped up, with a display like a laptop appearing. he looks at several items, in a strange language, before saying to Catherine,
“Someone is trying to get my location. Possibly the fellow I shook hands with…I’ll keep them away for now.”
He presses a button.
@meepinater
A location pops up, it was two blocks behind him.

Bruce understood what she meant and looked at her very passionately. “For the first time in my life I can say the same.”

OOC: GTG @meepinater

Catherine nods. “Oh, that stuff he uses to power most of his designs, my suit included.” She said. “I think he found a way to make a tough metal alloy with it too. Don’t ask me how, though.” She shrugs.

Elias groans as he turns and walks to the location.

Katrina gives Bruce a bright smile.

Tempest nods,
“So in essence your own armor is the fruit of that gift. My gift was a journey to their homeworld, where I earned citizenship on that planet. They gave me this suit…”
Tempest presses another button on the holographic display.
@meepinater
The location changed to twenty feet behind him.

“Interesting…” She said. “They definitely seem to be quite an advanced race.” She notes.

Tempest nods,
“They’re leagues ahead compared to what you have on Earth. They can travel to anywhere in this galaxy in minutes…”

Elias turns around and walked twenty feet.

The spot was empty.
He soon received another notification, it was from two towns over…
Tempest finished pressing another button on the holopad, before pressing a button on the helmet to make it go away.

“Wow.” Is all she can really say. She looks around. “Seriously, what’s taking him so long?”

Other than needing to wait to be accepted

Tempest laughs,
“I’m pretty sure that he’s fairly old.”

Elias croaked in rage. He gasped and rubbed his hand. “I gotta get to a doctor…”