2059: The superhero revolution (RP series Sign ups)

Yay! I am so happy to hear this information

1 Like

Name: Martin “Marty” Finch

Alias: O2

Alliance: Hero

Generation: Old-timers

Powers/abilities: Oxygen production/manipulation: O2 is capable of producing oxygen from his body and controlling it’s direction and pressure (mentally albeit only in minute quantities). Typically, O2 used this power to dizzy his opponents by flooding the air in their vicinity with oxygen and taking them out with a well placed sucker punch, he has also increased the air pressure to “walk” on air as well as creating small barriers to block projectiles and soften power blows. Finally as a last resort he can create bubbles of oxygen to enter an opponent’s veins via any external wounds, however due to O2’s moral oppositions against killing he has sworn never to use his powers in way ever again since the accident (see bio for more). Outside of combat O2 serves as a seemingly limitless air supply for his allies, he can also use his powers to reseal pressurised areas i.e. Submarines, Airplane cabins, Spaceships etc. However, he is not without weakness, firstly O2 is not immune to the effects of his powers and could risk dizzying himself or his allies (leaving them open to attacks), secondly he can only manipulate small quantities of oxygen at a time (he cannot create multiple barriers or long staircases of air). Additionally, outside of his superpowers O2 is proficient in hand to hand combat as well as wielding his former partner’s knife (which is able to vibrate at high speeds, enabling it to slice through most conventional forms of body armor).

Appearance: O2 wears an all-white bodysuit with blue boots and gloves, as well as the letter O in blue around his facial area as well as on his chest, although the chest is accompanied by a small number 2 in the top left corner. Additionally, the suit is incredibly porous allowing O2 emit oxygen from his body without the trouble of it being trapped by the suit. The suit also sports blue rings around the arms and a blue holster on his right thigh for the knife

Personality/Bio: Prior to The Accident O2’s attitude was generally cavalier and outgoing, his fame and popularity enable him to live an affluent and successful life. However, he has since become more melancholy of late, owing to The Accident
which caused the loss of his partner Tachyon as well as his fall from grace (subsequently incurring the loss of his high profile corporate sponsors) and the guilt he harbours regarding it, though he is still upbeat and tries to see the best in a bad situation. However, due to the recent conflicts arising and influx of new Heroes and Villains (and resurgence of the old) O2 vows to restore his honour and bring peace to New Evo City (and possibly secure a new brand deal).

2 Likes

Accepted. Join anytime.

Name: Harvey Scott
Alias: Lightning Streak, Mr Scott, Sir
Alliance: villain
Generation: Old-Timers
Powers/abilities: has control over lightning, multimillionare
Appearance:

Personality/Bio: Obnoxious, manipulating and cruel, Harvey made it big in the disco scene, before killing his father to take over his company and inheritance, Harvey generally works for the Mastermind, Haaki Shomfka, Kyro, the emperor, the government and the dark lord

Name: Unknown
Alias: The Dark Lord
Alliance: villain
Generation: Extremely old timers Like, he’s over a thousand
Powers/abilities: Power over noise
Appearance:

Personality/Bio: Evil, wicked and extremely cruel, and once led cavemen

Name: Zalas Quobb
Alias: The Emperor of The Infinite United Empire
Alliance: Villain
Generation: Newbies, he has never been to earth
Powers/abilities: Can see the future
Appearance:

Personality/Bio: Evil, wants to rule all of time
@Mctoran

Hey is it okay if I make a character from your League of Organised Villainy, and adjoining partnerships of ill intent?

Yeah, that seems fine. However, there are a few rules I would like you to follow when creating so that your character seems to keep with the theme of the League of Organised Villainy;

1. They have to be from the Old-timers generation, the league was an organisation founded in the 50’s and most of it’s remaining members are in their 60’s or older depending on any powers or traits they possess.

2. They should have been inactive for a while, I am currently working on an arc for the resurgence of the league which I intend to keep under wraps for the time being, nonetheless there should be some explanation in their bio as to why they were inactive i.e. medical conditions, self imposed exile, cryogenic stasis etc.

3. This is arguably one of the most crucial points, don’t make them overly serious! whilst seriousness is perfectly acceptable as a means to fleshing out their character don’t drown them in tragedy, the league is composed of colourful and cartoonish figures as a result most of them have puns or joke names, i would recommend using Jack Kirby superheroes and villains as a reference if you feel stuck for ideas .

4. Regarding the powers of the league members, the sky is the limit, although depending on their physiology their original power may be diminished as a result of their age. Some advice I would give regarding powers is that they should be able to be applied in multiple situations combat or otherwise

5. Obviously Mctoran will have the final say on whether or not these characters are accepted or not. However, I would like to determine whether they would qualify as a member of the league.

Good Luck and I look forward to seeing what you come up with

P.S. Though this reply was addressed to @L.O.S.S-KAL I happily encourage anyone interested to send me their ideas for “League Screening”

P.P.S. Although I have said that established members of the league have to be from the Old-Timers generation, I will reveal now that OFT (Old Father Time) will try to find new members from both old and new generations so “newbie” villains could attempt to seek out OFT to join his organisation.

I totally see The Dark Lord knowing them and Harvey working with them, in fact

Name: The Gatherer
Alias: The Grim, Reaper, Assasin
Alliance: Villain, The Dark Lord and League Of Organised Villainy
Generation: Old Timers
Powers/abilities: Can use almost any weapon
Appearance:

I used a fortnite skin because the old design was too bland, sue me

Personality/Bio: A hunter with malicous intent, the gatherer seeks more than just riches…
@Mctoran
@Bramsley

I’m not entirely sold, the grim reaper/ assassin aesthetic as it seems too dark for the league and his appearance and powers seem plain. However, I feel if you explore the hunting aspect of his character more as well as his name the gatherer, there could be potential, for example he is capable of creating large energy nets which can use to objects (and possibly people). or should you opt for a less power driven approach he could be a hacker who specifies in the “gathering” of information, which enables him and the rest of his league members to analyse and plan around the powers and abilities of other superheroes and villains. Most importantly, I feel there needs to be more background surrounding the character. Nevertheless, I feel you might have the beginnings of an interesting character and what you need to do is develop your idea further.

1 Like

@MistikaFan
Just a warning, sometimes too many characters can end up in sub-par roleplaying
Quality over quantity. If you have one amazingly played character, it’ll be better than 5 mediocre characters.
Again, just a warning.

1 Like

Yeah, true

Don’t worry, I doubt many of these will live

1 Like

Okay, cool

I mean I tried to kill Jake off until the GM wanted him back

1 Like

Might as well add him.

Name: Ruremaa
Species: Celestial
Alias: Thon Rio of the Celerion Government
Alliance: Celerion Government, Pura
**Generation:**Celestial Old-Timer
Powers/Abilities:
He has two Celestial Abilities, one 3 yard diameter ability and 20 meter diameter power.

Warm Aura

His 3 meter power Warm Aura, creates a 3 meter diameter field from his core. The power creates a warm temperature and it “heals” matter inside the field. By heals I mean specifically Celeganics and organics life forms, the field reads the memory of the substances and reconstructs the matter, using matter from the air.

Memory Construction

This power reconstructs matter at will in the 20 meter diameter. It requires the memories of people around him and it gathers materials in the 20 meter range and constructs that object from those memories, though people generally forget the process as a consequence

Appearance: Decked out in gold embedded Celerion cloth, Ruremaa is dressed royally for his position as Thon Rio leader of the Celerion Government.
This is basically what his face looks like. (yes I reused an image, sue me)

Bio: Ruremaa has been the leader for the Celerion Government for roughly 150 years, he’s entered the last quarter of his life and he decided that he should leave a mark on the society.

1 Like

Hi @Jcton I really like the look of Ruremaa, although I am slightly curious about his powers? Firstly, memory construction, is he able to create and implant false memories within people (in a sphere up to 20 metres in diameter) or is he capable of creating visible reconstructions of the past through people and/or his own memory. Finally, is warm aura just an aura which creates the feeling of warmth, or is there more to it? Needless to say you’ve certainly gotten me interested in this character.

I’m hopeful that Harvey and The Gatherer are interesting

I suppose it could be said that… Only Time will tell

Yeah when they get allowed in

fair enough

For memory construction it’s the latter you described, though it creates a physical copy of the memory by using matter in the surrounding area.

warm aura heals organics and celeganics, while as a by product warms the area of the diameter

1 Like

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like