Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

What do you mean by that?

2 Likes

Lot of people are excited about nothing. And they’re excited for the return of BIONICLE roughly three years after the absolute disaster that was G2. Short term memory and a lot of excitement over a lack of substance.

12 Likes

trionicle is overrated, neoshifters need to make a comeback

3 Likes

Yeah. As much as I hope this can go somewhere, I feel like people are acting too much like it’s already a sure thing, when it’s really very much not.

6 Likes

Faber should start a restaurant for all the nothingburgers that he’s been cooking up

9 Likes

I don’t think it’s really nothing. If G3 ever turns out to be a thing LEGO (or whoever will be behind it) will (hopefully) learn from the mistakes of G2 and make something worth of being called “Bionicle”. Even if fails even more than G2, there isn’t anything wrong with being excited.

1 Like
  1. It is nothing. It’s roughly four to five pictures of something Faber wants to do. There is no substance.
  2. Faber has said he isn’t working with LEGO. He’s “positioning” himself. There is no project being worked on.
  3. You willing to take that bet? I’m not.
  4. There is something wrong about being excited when there is nothing to be excited about. There is hype being generated over vague nothings that offer no explanation about anything. Everyone is getting hyped over “BIONICLE G3.” What BIONICLE G3? There isn’t a BIONICLE G3. Faber isn’t working on it. LEGO isn’t working on it. There is no project in the works. What are you excited about?

There is a lot of hype for absolutely jack squat. And you can want a subpar product all you want, that’s up to you. But I’m not interested in another half-backed, nostalgic cash-grab that isn’t being handled properly that will continue to throw the reputation of BIONICLE in the mud.

11 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with being excited about it. Whatever this is, it’ll not be so good if it doesn’t have anything to do with LEGO though.

And I don’t think Faber would excite us all for nothing.

3 Likes

Absolutely there is. You’re setting your expectations high and helping rile everyone up for something with no public substance and from a guy with a track record of not following through on public projects/comments.

I’ll reiterate what I said on the podcast. Be supportive all you like. But don’t get invested. You’re getting excited about nothing. Wait until there are actual facts and statements that we can get excited about. Because right now it’s just a few pictures and vague statements.

11 Likes

I’m not excited about what there is now, but about what will be in the future. Yeah sure,I can’t be excited about a “Bio”.But I really see Faber is up to something there, and I see he wouldn’t want to disappoint us.

1 Like

And what’s in the future? What is absolutely in the future? What will be in the future?

4 Likes

Again, I just trust Faber.

1 Like

Blind hype is a term that comes to mind. You are looking past several instances of Faber letting people down and refocusing on this project. I want something to come off it but there is no reason to assume anything will.

Wait and see, but there are too many people buying into nothing and willing to risk a worse product just because they want the BIONICLE name slapped onto it.

10 Likes

Come on, I wasn’t around for either G’s, let me have this!

Yeah, I’m not truly expecting a full return just yet, but I feel like Faber is building up to something bigger than a simple fan project…

2 Likes

So what do you think this is? a massive Trolling project by Faber?

To me, this feels like something you guys would do for an April’s Fools joke to be honest. The “Bionicle is coming back” thing.

3 Likes

I understand what you’re saying, but I don’t know what we have to lose by being at least cautiously excited about this. Sure, it may turn out to be absolutely nothing, but we’ll have to wait and see what Faber has to say.

I think it’s fine to be excited about this. This doesn’t mean we go all out and shout from the rooftops that BIONICLE is returning, but we stay cautious, and wait to see what Faber’s doing.

I know it may be absolutely nothing, but it I am very interested in what he’s doing and why.

13 Likes

Fabre has his own story and he likely revealed bio as a hype thing or for his new thing (I’ve forgot what it’s called)

1 Like

I stuck through all of G2. I’m well aware that getting excited this early is a recipe for disappointment, but I just think it’s nice to be excited for something bionicle related. I’d be perfectly content to just get a few mysterious lore bits and some concept art.
I guess what I’m trying to say is that my expectations are in check, but I just want to have fun while the ride lasts.

10 Likes

Bionicle is just gonna be about building letters this time around. That’s why he asks if 3 can B.

13 Likes

To start, @TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika, Faber’s other project is Rebel Nature. This has, given the art style of Rebel Nature and the direction they were taking it, less than nothing to do with it. So far.

Here’s my issue with this, and I’m going to throw it out there in a slightly different way than Eljay. There’s nothing wrong with getting hyped for projects, there’s nothing wrong for supporting people who are potentially trying to get projects going. What this is, right now though, is akin to boarding the hype train over fan art.

Take Biocraft, Illiad, RSG, and one of these big projects that come down to labour of love for Bionicle, and they essentially have the same chance of getting LEGO to do anything that 3ONICLE does. They’re small projects, not pitches, and while Faber may (Arguably) have some sort of inside contact at LEGO that might give him a leg-o up on other fan projects, there isn’t anything of substance here. It’s all concept art, and ideas.

Hell, they could all be old concept art.

I’ve disagreed with the way Eljay has gone about explaining that in the past, but I agree with what he’s trying to say. Faber, despite being to us the guy who brought some of the vision of Bionicle G1, is not in a position to make anything happen. This isn’t LEGO putting out feelers to gauge interest, and if it were they’d absolutely be doing it wrong.

So yeah, support Faber, in fact I’d be disappointed if you didn’t, because the possibility of something coming from this is there, albeit slim. However, don’t go out of your way to hype yourself up when the most likely scenario here is crushing disappointment when absolutely nothing happens.

And bear in mind that this isn’t directed at the people who, like me, just want to see even an elevator pitch for how a G3 could go from someone who was actually involved. This is for the people acting like G3 is a sure thing.

18 Likes