Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

######A Bionicle themed ARG would be kinda sick though, not gonna lie…

5 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByDNjlmHmPM/

“Who am I? #14B2020 ask the question to yourself and look forward instead of backwards.”

This seems like some kind of hybrid of BIONICLE and HF. I literally have no idea what is going on.

13 Likes

Neither do I, but I like the art!

It’s gonna be interesting to see what comes from this, if anything.

3 Likes

Eh, just because there’s arms doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an HF hybrid. Could be some interpretation of the Toa being assembled. The viewport looks like an empty canister, so maybe they’re being built and placed into the canisters.

What is for sure is that, whatever form of Bionicle this is, it’s definitely darker and grittier than what we’re used to. The whole aesthetic seems very grunge, almost Alien/Matrix like.

As always, interested in further developments.

10 Likes

Ok, I understand the TTV’s constant warnings of not being hyped…
But I literally can’t hold my hype here.

2 Likes

That looks so amazing, I can’t wait to see what it leads to!

Finally, a HF crossover!

5 Likes

Some of the art, like this image in particular, kinda reminds me of the old 2008/Karda Nui concept art, aesthetically. That’s just me, though. Probably doesn’t mean anything.

8 Likes

This is definitely more than Faber just spinning ideas for fun. He’s actually trying to do something.

Whether or not something will come of it is the bigger question.

8 Likes

It’s about as much of a hybrid as the Mahri transporter having arms and racks to attach pipes and weapons was

The water and plantlife all seems to make this seem very decrepit and old, which hardly fits with the aesthetic of HF

Reminds me more of Karda Nui, which really excites me.

8 Likes

I was kinda joking.

2 Likes

I honestly hope this is the case. I love HF, and I would love to see it crossover in some way or another with Bionicle.
Though this is highly unlikely.

1 Like

actually, i think Faber might have just been making a refrence to this poster image from Hero Factory’s first wave of sets:

Either that, or Faber might be using a few ideas from Hero Factory in this.

if anyone else didn’t notice, but it seems like the Toa-like figure might be standing in some kind of liquid also.

6 Likes

The torso design evokes the OG Mata torso, but the text implies that maybe this isn’t an existing character, but a totally new one–look “forward” to something new instead of “backward” at existing material.

9 Likes

Didn’t notice that at first, but looking closer, I can see it too…

3 Likes

So, 2006.
YES! Also, I’m making that my wallpaper.

3 Likes

As epic as the picture is (with a resemblance to HF that I’m just going to accept as a reference), I find the text more interesting.

Faker asking us to look “forward” rather than “backward” could very well mean that this isn’t the Bion(icle) we’ve grown used to. This is something else. It could also be a two-part line, informing that the story could take place in a more futuristic setting.

Maybe I’m looking to much into this. Maybe I’m too excited, though I don’t even know what to be excited for. All I know, is that I like this.

8 Likes

I definitely feel that this generation will be different than the last two, and that’s a very good thing. G2 relied too heavily on G1, and if a new incarnation of BIONICLE is to succeed, it’ll have to be different from previous incarnations.

9 Likes

I’m less skeptical now then I was with the last image. I still have my doubts but I’m more on board now

8 Likes

There seems to be a recurring theme of the color blue.

2 Likes

For me, personally, the image doesn’t exactly feel like a hybrid of Bionicle and HF. OT also mentioned the Mahri transporter, which honestly is more visually similar to the image than the HF first wave poster.

That being this

Due to the positioning of the character and the “entrance” I feel it’s making more of a call back to the Mahri transporter.

12 Likes