Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Christian Faber, one of the original concept artists for Bionicle, has been teasing…something…over the past few months. It’s connected to Bionicle, Cryoshell’s somehow involved, and it’s clear that Faber wants this to feel new and different in some way. Short of that, we don’t know jack diddly squat.

6 Likes

It’s also recently been brought up by TTV that this may wind up being a spinoff of Faber’s broader project, Rebel Nature
I’m not entirely sure I subscribe to that theory myself, but it is kinda plausible. I hope not, though. Even if it’s good (and it does look like it could be very good, given the concept art we’ve seen so far) I kinda don’t like the idea of him subsuming this into his larger project, feels kinda dishonest somehow. But again, that’s only if that’s what he’s doing, which it’s hard to say for sure just yet.

1 Like

When did they say that?

2 Likes

Okay, thanks, I know who Faber is, but I didn’t know the rest.

4 Likes

The most recent podcast episode, #324

2 Likes

Anything new?

4 Likes

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Faber was at a music festival for the longest time, so there’s a chance something might be coming later.

6 Likes

Now this is… interesting. I haven’t been keeping up with the podcasts but I’m already aware of this 3IONICLE thing. Hoping to see more come out of it tbh

7 Likes

Christian Faber creative, I like to see more of his stuff, I know he’s not working for LEGO but it be interesting to see what his vision for BIONICLE could be.

3 Likes

■■■■, saw this and thought it was relevant to this for a second. The wait is killing me, but it’s not supposed to drop until next year anyway, so teases or nah, I guess I’ll have to wait no matter what.

5 Likes

I don’t know if that is related to 3ionicle.

1 Like

A small step for a minifigure, a gigantic leap for LEGO!

Yeah I don’t’t know it right

3 Likes

It’s not, that’s the whole reason I’m disappointed. I got baited into thinking it was.

3 Likes

Best to quell your excitement a bit. Not every little thing Faber posts is gonna be related to 3onicle. And not every 3onicle post is gonna be some world-shattering new announcement.

You baited yourself, really.

Stay calm, we have time to go here. There isn’t any rush for things to happen.

8 Likes

Maybe 14B has to do with this globalgoal14 thing on his recent post?

2 Likes

So I decided to actually put one brain cell into deciphering this and I came across something really, really obvious… And kind of concerning.

The hashtag this thing has ridden on has been #14B2020, right? Well let’s examine that a little further. 2020 is the year, B is 3IONICLE, and 14… 14 could be the fourteenth of a given month, or it could be part of a calendar. If we say Month, Day, and then year, we have the 4th of January, 2020. Definitely a date to look forward to. Only… Faber lives in Copenhagen, and almost assuredly wouldn’t use silly American dates when planning his unveiling. So, swap it around the European way and you get…

April 1st.

17 Likes

Oh… oh my. If this is his true intention… he’s bamboozled us all, and hope is lost.

6 Likes

Although I haven’t had much faith in this whole thing coming to fruition if this is indeed a year-long April fools joke, then I (probably along with many others) will be rather annoyed by Faber leading us along like this

16 Likes

Take this with a microscopic fragment of salt. This is just my vain theory. But I wouldn’t hold hopes super high if all we got out of this is a chuckle from Faber.

12 Likes