Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

I really, really, hope that this isn’t the case.

6 Likes

Plase don’t disappoint us Mr. Faber!

3 Likes

Though he also posted the first teaser on April 1st, so I’m hoping it’s just referring to that

8 Likes

Me too.

For me, my opinion of this whole thing can be explained by this quote from Swert.

I have high hopes but low expectations

8 Likes

I believe the other prevalent theory, proposed by Meso himself, is that, if this is a new Bionicle, then it would be the unofficial 14th year of Bionicle (10 years for G1 from 2001-2010, the story serials year 2011, and G2 from 2015-2016 for a total of 13 years).

Either way, I would, again, quell your passions on this one. I still hold that this isn’t some insane April Fools joke for the same reason I didn’t think the original was: Faber is a fan, just like us, and he knows the ringer the community has been put through. It would be cruel to tempt people with a joke like this, and especially so to plan it out as some year-long bamboozle. Along with that, April Fools just doesn’t seem like Faber’s thing, especially not the 900 IQ year-long fool.

14 could refer to anything. I suggest we wait until 2020 draws closer to see what it means.

9 Likes

…oh right, I forgot about that. Then again I kinda bonked my head recently, so that adds up😂 But yeah, with luck we are just noticing the same detail twice and getting panicked over nothing tangible.

3 Likes

Funny as that is, I doubt it’s the case because it’s just so ■■■■ mean-spirited. Even if it does reference April 1st, it could just be a nod to the day it was unveiled and the fandom went mad over what could have been a prank, but actually wasn’t. It could also be that the reveal will genuinely be April 1st, a full year after the matter began.

7 Likes

I mean there really isn’t much to this whole 310N thing. Faber really misses Bionicle and wanted to stir up the community to maybe catch LEGO’s eye or maybe just to help the community stay alive and give us something to talk about. Honestly, I’d rather him just say, “remember the good ‘ol days” and “here’s some cool art in the spirit of it.

5 Likes

Honestly, that’s a very plausible explanation.

5 Likes

I mean, you have to understand the kind of expectation you set when you take a fandom that’s recently suffered a blow with the second generation of the franchise they love going under, and then mark something that looks like Bionicle with “3”. I’m not expecting anything in particular, of course, but… you understand how it looks, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This is sadly possible, but I couldn’t imagine anything that would kill the community more than if this just turns out to be literally nothing. Not if it turns out to not be a theme or whatever, but if it is just a big trick.

5 Likes

Sorry, but could someone explain to me exactly the reason why this would be the case if Fabers project was just a bluff.

5 Likes

I dunno about kill the community, but it would definitely depress it some.

5 Likes

Each time the community is given hope and gets it taken away, more and more people leave. First you had the end of G1; for a lot of people that was enough to move on and find other things to occupy their time. Of course, Bionicle still had a strong fanbase going after that. Then you had G2. The impossible had happened: Bionicle was back. Of course, we all know what happened next. G2 failed to meet a lot of people’s expectations, and for even more people that was enough that they moved on. The community did gain some fans from G2, but the end seems to be a net loss. Like Obsidian said, this probably wouldn’t kill the community… but given how G2 affected the community, it will probably hurt.

7 Likes

Maybe…but I feel like an unfulfilled dream of a third generation won’t be so much of a force that drives people away. As you pointed out, the community declines every time we lose something big, but in both previous cases, it was an actual cancellation that caused the exodus. I have a hard time believing that this rumor is drawing in enough people to make way for a third mass exodus if it doesn’t pan out, and I can’t really see why this not turning out to be a G3 should be the reason why any current members leave. It would just be business as usual, really…

If this turned out to be a third generation that was then canceled prematurely, like G2, I think it could definitely do some damage. But unfulfilled rumors don’t really strike me as community killers.

7 Likes

Sure, “kill” may have been an exaggeration, but my point is is that if Faber’s only goal here was to unite and strengthen the community, he’d most likely do the exact opposite of that if everyone found out.

5 Likes

That’s possible, but the fandom does over-exaggerate the importance of things A LOT. As many others have said, Faber’s only intent here may be to continue the BIONICLE story through artwork, or an online story. That would disappoint people who want this to be a G3, but I doubt it would cause a great change in the community.

I should say here that I’m assuming that Faber is doing something here. I doubt it’s a push for a reboot, and I’m more confident in some kind of hypothetical extension of the story, through artwork and other vague forms of media that won’t violate copyright. Basically, I think this’ll be a “more official” fan project. I absolutely do not believe that Faber is participating in a long-winded April Fool’s joke, or some other kind of prank, because I see no reason for that. What would his motive be, and why would he put effort into such a thing if his goal is merely to hoodwink us? It seems like a strange idea, so I highly doubt that this project–whatever it may be–is a prank.

8 Likes

I mean, I agree with this all, but I was going off of the hypothetical situation that there is nothing to this. I 100% believe Faber is planning/has planned something, and I am excited for whatever that something is.

9 Likes

Anything new?

4 Likes

Not as of late, but Faber has been increasing the amount of Rebel Nature content he’s been putting out.

2 Likes