Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

similar not exactly the same. Faber’s is missing a peninsula and added a few other small features.Plus the bottom portion by the big peninsula is fairly off.
from google maps

2 Likes

It could just be that he used an outdated map as a reference (it seems to match ridiculously to the one I pulled up anyway). It certainly seems far too similar for it to be just be “inspired” by Antarctica, I think it’s pretty safe to say that it’s supposed to be Antarctica.

5 Likes

Antarctica’s coastline changes with the seasons. I now think maybe this is involved with project:Rebel.

2 Likes

well yes and no, the Ice Sheets do change, but the rock underneath doesn’t really change unless some process similar to an earthquake changes it. The maps we’re looking at are maps without the ice sheet, with the ice sheet, there wouldn’t be any noticeable islands, since the ice sheet covers all of that.

2 Likes

Okay. In that case I have no clue.

1 Like

but as the Obsidian Dude said, it is reasonable to just say it is Antartica

2 Likes

Leading back to project: rebel. Which is about climate change, which isn’t happening right?

1 Like

Considering how the last few teases have appeared to be set in an Ice location, Antarctica shouldn’t be so surprising. But again, seeing that it’s set on Earth is indeed something very unusual.

3 Likes

Yeah I was primarily referring to the Earth aspect of it.

3 Likes

Maybe this story will take place in/on a future earth where humans were forced to give themselves biomechanical bodies in order to survive.

3 Likes

Looks a Nickonaquamagna’s Planet Ripple.

That is not an original thought.

4 Likes

Perhaps the Toa land on a Earth on the verge of collapse from the threat of Climate Change, since that seems to be Faber’s focus right now. Maybe he’s working to fuse Rebel Nature and BIONICLE. idk.

5 Likes

I not sure I want that. Mostly due to the lack of scientific-ness (If that’s a word) for both Climate Change and Bionicle.

4 Likes

i agree, climate change isnt real

2 Likes

There’s no real scientific evidence for it on the scale their talking about. Sure the world might get a couple degrees hotter, but it cools back down again. It’s frustrating since it seems to be the main reason anyone does anything anymore.

4 Likes

From Faber’s art so far, it looks like his canisters are thawing from within the ice.

I’d guess his pitch to LEGO may be an island (reminiscent of Antarctica but likely not actually our Antarctica) threatened by unprecedented warming, leading to Toa / heroes awakening from deep-freeze who must somehow repair the damage.

Having a climate change analogy as the driving force of the story could be a very smart choice indeed - LEGO is increasingly championing protecting the environment, and this could be a way to encourage children to look after our planet through the lens of heroes protecting theirs.

And not saying I’m convinced, but an eco-based story would make “LEAF” an appropriate codename if things are closer to production than Faber would have us believe…

12 Likes

Claps

Well done, my good man. You’ve brought it all together. You might have finally put it all together.

3 Likes

I’ve been pretty cynical about this whole thing recently but I love this idea. If Faber is indeed pitching something like this to Lego I hope they go for it. Though to be 100% honest I have a nasty feeling this idea might be better than what Faber has planned; that’s if he does have anything planned and this isn’t just little more than some social experiment designed to show there’s interest in Bionicle.

5 Likes

May I point towards the hurricane that struck Ireland 2 years ago almost, normally that doesn’t happen in Ireland. It was the worst storm in 50 years for them, so explain to me how climate change doesn’t affect us negatively.

3 Likes

Because it’s not necessarily caused by climate change, even if it was happening. Correlation does not equal causation.

2 Likes