Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

I know this is off-topic, but please.

Looks at Venus, a flaming hot pile of rock thanks to greenhouse gases

Okay.

And no, it’s not as simple as that. It becomes a positive feedback loop, because the oceans also lock carbon dioxide, as does the rock being exposed from rapidly retreating ice sheets, which is adding to the warming.

And also, you would be surprised how sensitive pretty much every living thing is to temperature. If our internal body temperature rose even 7 degrees celsius (that’s like going up 12 farenheit, according to google) we would die. Thankfully we can regulate our body temperature much better than that, but not everything can (coral, for instance, is used to the general stability of ocean temperatures in the regions that it grows).

Please actually research this stuff before you make baseless statements, for everyone’s sake.

5 Likes

which has always been like that.

I Do! Know about the temperature sensitivities, but that’s the thing, it’s not the problem everyone makes it out to be! The Ice sheets freeze back. I’ll admit, slight climate change is happening, I meant human-caused. I don’t think it’s from human influence. It’s a natural process.

2 Likes

Over thousands of years

I know you think the earth is 10,000 years old or whatever, but for everyone living in the real world, by the time they come back we will be long screwed out of luck.

Please explain to me then how the increase in atmospheric CO2 correlates suspiciously with the advent of the industrial revolution?

4 Likes

12,000. and I do live in the real world.

It’s so slight!!! It’s so minor, it’s not a problem!

1 Like

hey guys, i just want to talk about fabers cool concept art. I really love it, the artistic quality is high and i believe the concept is very well idealized in specific ways untouched by his work previously and i think its a very special work that will be very awesome once come to fruition

8 Likes

Aren’t greenhouse gasses like farts? Quite stinky

3 Likes

methane is a greenhouse gas, and it’s odorless.

yes please. let’s change subjects back.

2 Likes

However it could explain why it is the easternmost hurricane in the Atlantic to date. Also hurricanes form temperature changes in the seas concluding that something most have caused the atlantic ocean to become warm enough to cause a hurricane in the first place.

3 Likes

I’m not having this argument again.

Look at it this way: who is worse off from being wrong, the Earth that has developed alternatives to already sparse non-renewable resources and might be struggling a bit more economically, or the actual end of civilisation was we currently know it?

Also, no it hasn’t, we were pretty sure Venus would actually be at a livable temperature before every drone we sent down there was cooked in a matter of minutes, and study of its composition from the past indicates that it did used to be pretty much the same as Earth.

3 Likes

it could, but just because you can formulate a explanation, doesn’t mean it’s true. It’s the scientific method.

1 Like

but that’s not how the scientific method works? If you can formulate an explanation, it’s evidence to back up your hypothesis and you can easily draw conclusions from solid evidence, which there is plenty of.

6 Likes

Not really. But lets move this conversation back to Faber and whatever the heck he’s trying to do.

2 Likes

From the sounds of it his message might still be of use to some of us…

3 Likes

it is literally what it is. if you have hard objective facts you literally cannot turn around and say “these proven facts aren’t real because i don’t believe in it”. Did you go to school? Have you paid attention to any scientific study in the last decade?

7 Likes

Homeschooled, iirc

2 Likes

No but it is an hypotesis and something that can be tested and proved just like climate change. In fact much evidence supporting global warming has already been found. Like how CO2 causes algae to grow which in turns strips the oxygen from the oceans causing species of fish to die.

Sure, just gonna say that I don’t mind his direction as long as he knows what his doing which he probably does.

4 Likes

yes. I have. I’m home-schooled, I was taught a semi-non-statist view, and I have seen no definite evidence that concludes that the climate change is cause by humans. But please, let’s drop the discussion.

I hope.

2 Likes

I. Wonder. Why.

3 Likes

homeschooled isn’t a real education, i’d consider trying to register for primary school so you can learn basic science.

4 Likes

This is a discussion for another website, another place.

5 Likes