Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Yeah, I’ve pretty much said my piece :stuck_out_tongue:

Mods can nuke it all now, that’s fine.

3 Likes

Let’s all congratulate @Votuko for being the first one to come up with a plausible explanation.

1 Like

just saying my own thoughts on the subject, seeing as I’ve done both.

homeschooling is a very viable source of education, it is just as viable as primary education. The main difference is how well you are able to read material and teach yourself how it works.

10 Likes

bingo.

1 Like

its not very viable when its taught by biased people

4 Likes

didn’t seem to do a very good job

3 Likes

everyone is biased, and My parents tried to give me a fairly open education.

No need to be insulting. And they did a very good job, thank you very much.

1 Like

A model formed through the scientific method is built around the evidence. By definition, a religious viewpoint is biased because it already has a model pre-formed, which cannot be changed because of course God is perfect and couldn’t be lying, and the evidence must then serve the model instead; This is what we call bias.

2 Likes

personally I taught myself, by reading books.

But then again literally everyone on this earth has a bias, we can try to be unbiased, however that’s very difficult if not impossible.

I was quite literally able to teach myself much of my education for my early high school career, then transfer to a really good primary school for the next two years and graduated and now I’m at the school I wanted to be.

funny how the definition of said word. doesn’t mention that
an inclination of temperament or outlook

3 Likes

that my friend is where you are wrong. You’ve got a wrong view of Christianity. Plus, the other side of this argument does it it You are so sure we do it. Cilmate Change MUST be happening, therefore we find the evidence that supports it, not the other way around. Which is the way it should be.

1 Like

I’m ending this conversation. Refocus it or I will temporarily shut the topic down until you all cool off. A few of you are bordering on rule breaking.

12 Likes

I’m not saying it’s in the definition, it’s just that you are biased from the outset with this viewpoint.

And that’s fine, I don’t have a problem with that. What I do have a problem with is when parents slip their viewpoints into their own child’s education, which sets up nonsense like this. It disgusts me.

I am aware. However, the purpose of the scientific method in the first place is to eliminate bias. If you can’t prove it, it’s only theory. This has been and always will be how it works. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant, or lying through their teeth.

EDIT: Apologies, I didn’t see Eljay’s message either until after I’d posted.

2 Likes

Thank you Mr. eljay. I’ll stop. Thanks for the warning.

2 Likes

@ProfSrlojohn
A final note and then I’ll leave you alone. Let’s pretend for a second that you’re right, and that climate change isn’t man-made, and any global shifts in temperature will reverse themselves naturally in time. Even so, it’s been proven that those shifts could cause massive destabilization and damage not just to the ecosystem, but many coastal cities and farmlands. This would still have a massive impact on people. So even if we aren’t responsible, (and that’s a big if) we still need to figure out some way to prevent it or the negative impact it would have. It’s as simple as that; the only reason not to take action is laziness or greed.

At any rate, back on topic; while there’s not a whole lot new here, the Antarctica bit is a pretty interesting clue. I hope it won’t mean a “BiOnIcLeS oN eArTh” scenario, since I feel like their setting is better kept as it’s own thing, but from a thematic standpoint I like what it could imply. I don’t really have a lot to say that hasn’t already been said, but I hope this means more stuff is coming soon!

Whoops, didn’t see Eljay’s post there, sorry.

7 Likes

Well, you guys made it two minutes. I guess it was more than I could’ve asked for.

I’ll reopen the topic tomorrow.

8 Likes

You may all continue discussing the images or speculate on what Faber is working on. And you may all discuss them politely and respectfully per our Board rules. However, if you want to continue the earlier debate, do so either in private message or another site entirely. It is clear that those who participated can not be trusted to discuss the subject in a mature fashion.

10 Likes

Your right. I apologize, to you for forgetting the rules, and to the other board members for getting the topic closed.

Anyway, I think @Votuko Has figured it out.

2 Likes

Now, back on topic: What do you guys think about Antarctica being the location of Faber’s project?

2 Likes