Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

A̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶.

1 Like

Maybe. I don’t see why not. I didn’t get into it the first time because my parents didn’t like the whole Chi concept. It could be neat.

3 Likes

What do you two mean by that? do you two mean like Chima’s story of animal people at war with each others for a crystaline power source? or do you two mean TTV’s joke description of Chima as motorcycle gangs who fight over drugs?

4 Likes

no, the very obvious reference to Qi. Look it up.

1 Like

Which is all it is, a reference :stuck_out_tongue:

They probably just heard the name and vague concept and thought it sounded cool. It’s not like the show actually promotes Chinese superstition or anything :stuck_out_tongue:

In the same way that, despite containing ninja, Ninjago has almost nothing to do with Japan :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’ll admit, I was very impressionable. Even by most people’s standards.

Same thing actually. but that was in year one, and I didn’t really ask about it since then.

1 Like

While I too am home-schooled and have similar beliefs, this is not the time and place for debates (which I am glad I was not a part of, and also a bit disappointed in the fact of it happening). Thanks to @Eljay for stopping it all.

Anyway, this is very peculiar for Faber to use a picture of Antarctica in the 0. I for one am okay with messages I may not agree with being in a work of fiction, as long as it isn’t a central focus or main-point said work. It should be woven into a story so that it isn’t noticeable.

So what is Faber actually implying by his use of the Ice Continent? Is it to do with melting ice? Probably. But I don’t think it has to do with Climate Change.

Rather, I believe it is the opposite.

Is there any classic story you can think of that has a world covered in ice (or, rather, snow) for hundreds of years? A story of a team of heroes led by that story’s deity to stop an evil force?

The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe by C. S. Lewis.

Or maybe in Faber’s case, Mata Nui, Makuta, and the Matoran Universe. Jokes aside, maybe this is what Faber is trying to convey in his version of a new Bionicle.

3 Likes

assuming it even IS Bionicle. As eljay said in his most recent episode, it could be Faber just cashing in on the bionicle fan community, only to disappoint us once more. Which, to be honest, might just kill us off, or at least wound us a lot. We in the Bionicle community have been through a lot, but I’m not sure how much more disappointment we can take.

3 Likes

That is true. It may as well be Rebel Nature and Bionicle is nihilo at this point. Would it show how much Faber cares about the fandom?

I’m not sure that he does. Does he interact with the community post-Faber Files? No. Does he explain himself in the slightest? No. Does he seem to care that he’s getting people hyped up? No. Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s how I see it.

1 Like

I do agree.

It’s actually because LEGO wanted Thundercats, but couldn’t due to legal difficulty. Although, that was after Warner Bros. politely canceled the anime ripoff thundercats TV reboot as a way to clear up the market… Or a really good way of saying ‘no’.[quote=“TDPrince, post:675, topic:48962”]
Is there any classic story you can think of that has a world covered in ice (or, rather, snow) for hundreds of years? A story of a team of heroes led by that story’s deity to stop an evil force?
[/quote]

Me in the first week of winter[quote=“ProfSrlojohn, post:676, topic:48962”]
As eljay said in his most recent episode, it could be Faber just cashing in on the bionicle fan community, only to disappoint us once more.
[/quote]

I refer to my comment from July:[quote=“Ghid, post:486, topic:48962”]
So I decided to actually put one brain cell into deciphering this and I came across something really, really obvious… And kind of concerning.
[/quote]

Click for full post.

4 Likes

Maybe, but I doubt it. If so, this is a really long, overly complicated April fool’s joke.

2 Likes

What do you even mean by “cashing in”? It’s not like this project will bring him money or anything.

I am pretty sure Faber is already well aware of our past disappointments. Why would he try to disspoint us again?
I personally don’t like how people assune the worst about any potential Bionicle revival. For once, let’s ignore the fact that G2 was a thing and give Faber a chance.

5 Likes

Okay, this was a discussion that was had a very long time ago, like back when this whole thing first started.

I could have sworn I already said this somewhere in this topic already, but for the life of me I couldn’t find it or I imagined it, but I wanna reiterate:

Faber is a fan, just like us. I know we all see him as the big “god” of Bionicle, but the truth is he’s one of us. If this was ever an April Fool’s joke or something, it would have been revealed by now, and Faber knows how wrong that would be.

There’s no cashing in to be done here. What has this done for him personally? He certainly hasn’t earned any money (nor could he, legally), and at best the posts have brought him maybe a few extra hundred or so Instagram followers. All this work for just a bit extra press from the fan-base that was likely already following him? I think it unlikely.

Faber is as enchanted and invested in the IP as all of us are. He knows that same sting of disappointment just as well as we do. Faber isn’t LEGO. Whatever the 14b2020 project is, Faber is doing it because he genuinely loves the world and the fans.

I’ll also reiterate something I did say earlier:

######Undeserved criticism, but I’ll let it slide, I guess…

8 Likes

Y’know, that… actually makes a lot of sense :stuck_out_tongue:

I mean, let’s not forget it was originally posted on April 1st, it could just easily be a nod to that rather than the other way around. It maybe that he clears things up at last the next time around or something. Who knows? We’ll just have to wait and see :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I’m not saying that I’m going to be disappointed, I just meant that i think those that think this is going to Bio G3 are going to be vastly disappointed, and I’m not sure how many more major disappointments the Bio community can take. I was trying to make the point that I think people are reading to much into this, and it may not be Bio and all.

To ‘cash in’ means to make use of or exploit a situation. In this case, the attention we pay to him because of the Faber Files.

And your right, he was (or is, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt) a fan, but now? I’m not so sure.

2 Likes

I mean, it could indirectly…

1 Like

I am popping into this debate with little to no context, and with few knowledge about the updates of Faber’s project, so forgive me if I am missing something.
How would he win money in this stages? I mean, yes. Sure. If G3 gets passed then it would obviously get him money, but isn’t this whole thing still at the “a few tweets with some nice art designs” stage?

4 Likes

I’m always amazed at how the discussion happens when I’m not online :stuck_out_tongue: .