Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

I agree, I don’t see how he would give as an exact date if the project wasn’ t been in development before this tease.

1 Like

7 Likes

Faber will do Whatever It Takes to deliver the Bionicle we deserve.

Tho, as the previous comments stated, knowing The Lego Company’s method of inventing new or either remaking old themes, it’s still the same process: Story, Characters designs, sets. Completing a story, then making Lego to accept it will take time. Then waiting for Lego to finish designing the possible future sets takes even more time, years to be exact. So I’m not really sure about the physical manifestation as actual sets tho I’m really interested. Still it seems more to be a media project than anything else but we will see.

9 Likes

As exciting as this is, I’m probably going to keep my expectations in check and probably ignore that this exists for the most part.

Although I wouldn’t mind seeing a G3 with a story with the same depth and detail as G1, even if there are no sets to go with it.

5 Likes

It’s certainly possible that LEGO asked for or agreed to consider a preliminary pitch for a second reboot, but the way Faber has responded to the fans’ excitement seems to indicate that this is more of a personal idea that he wants to explore with LEGO than an actual, in-progress reboot. He made it sound as though he is testing the waters for fan interest before going to LEGO and trying to get the ball rolling.

However, the fact that he seems to have a professional logo done is encouraging, and it might indicate that there’s more going on behind-the-scenes than we know.

4 Likes

I don’t realy venture here anymore, but I am glad to see everyone excited!

2 Likes

Wait a second
that background
is that a Skrall Shield?

Sorry @Hutere.

~W12~

12 Likes

I wouldn’t really mind supporting a Bionicle G3. It’s nice to see the community have something big to talk about as well.

6 Likes

Nope. It’s shaped more like the middle of Okoto/Mata Nui and just happens to have some random lines in it. For reference:

7 Likes

I suppose it’s been too long, no one remembers the meme.
I feel old now.
Anyway, that was a joke, it’s a reference to an old TTV meme from the days of G2.

~W12~

10 Likes

Now I’m just going to get confused between Faber’s G3 and TTV’s G3.

3 Likes

You can just call TTV’s G3 “Brickonicle” and you Faber’s G3 'Fabonicle"

11 Likes

Anything Faber does will always be BIONICLE in my heart.

4 Likes

Ye technically Brickonicle was our project’s PROPER name, we just titled the videos BIONICLE G3 for YouTube.

I’ve taken to calling Faber’s thing Threeonicle just for laughs

-Mesonak

16 Likes

Bionicle: Beast Wars is my name for it lol

6 Likes

I’m interested.

3 Likes

insert “I got that reference” meme

remember the days when actually posting the meme would be allowed? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways I’m going to comment on the little snippet of the logo, as I see a lot of people thinking that it implies that there will be a lot more of the sci-fi element than the tribal element, and I don’t quite think that’ll be the case. I mean, yes the text does look more sci-fi than the other bionicle logos but the background seems to have the same rock wall relief that we’ve seen before, with lines that don’t quite follow any geometrical pattern and seem to definitely be leaning towards hand carved.

But that’s my two cents

11 Likes

Clearly the best name is trionicle

6 Likes

Wanted to do a mock-up of what the final logo might look like:

######Yes, I know the design in the real background isn’t the Skrall shield, but I didn’t want to spend 5 hours clone stamping the letters out, so I made an approximation.

28 Likes

Oh my gosh guys Hutere was right ahhhhhhhh

that actually looks really cool

9 Likes