Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

@LegoDavid Setting it on earth is too on the nose. If this is meant to be a Bionicle successor, it should be tapping into the mystery of 2001 - 2003 IMO - before they went about explaining everything; that’s what I loved about early Bionicle - don’t get me wrong I enjoy all the lore behind the later years of Bionicle G1 but Lego themselves admitted it got out of hand and it limits the imagination of the audience. Having it set on earth and on a continent that exists severely limits the potential for that mystery.

I’m all for drawing parallels though; Antarctica-like island in a seemingly endless ocean under threat of climate change.

7 Likes

That is an interesting thought. Maybe on some planet farvaway, but with a cliche location, like alpha centauri. Albeit, I doubt ice could exist there. Seeing as it’s a system of 3 stars, and one known planet.

2 Likes

Why even a real location? They could just say “On the island of Arcta Nui, located in the Endless Ocean on the planet Spherus, in the Magna system.” Or something like that

6 Likes

True, that’s an option, but if Faber IS going through with a Climat Change message, it would make sense to make it a real place, Instead of somewhere fictional. If not, then it’s fair game at that point and anything can happen.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying, but I doubt people are going to care about it more if it’s in some far away but real star system, or fictional place anyway. In fact, I feel like making it a fictional place could help the message go through undiluted. In my experience, when people feel like some piece of media they enjoy is directly preaching to them, regardless of if they agree on the issue, they get kinda annoyed. Subtlety is key.

10 Likes

True. That said, there could be no ulterior motive, or nathing may happen at all.

2 Likes

Given that Bionicle usually takes place in “The Time before Time”, i can kinda imagine a scenario of Bionicle characters finding themselves on a planet that could be revealed to be a pre-historic earth, or some bionicle character who were put in some sort of cryo sleep or something a long time ago then wakes up on a planet that’s hinted at to be earth in the future.

… think a bit like the famous scene from the Planet of the Apes:

though, of course the bionicle characters wouldn’t have any way to know what the planet is called or who lived here. So it would almost be more like when humans in fiction finds some ancient alien structure that they have no clue what the structure’s original function was and can only speculate.

11 Likes

I feel like the use of Antarctica could be a red herring. It may just be a visual symbol connecting to themes of 3IONICLE or something like that; I think Faber knows better than to connect Bionicle to the real world in any way.

9 Likes

That’s my thought. I don’t think that’s what he’s trying to do, but I honestly feel all bets are off at this point. Whatever he’s doing, he needs to give a definite explanation at some point. Verbally or visually. There is always the possibility that he’s trolling us, but sincerely doubt it.

4 Likes

What concerns me though, is that the Heroes would only be fighting against Penguins and Seals :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Penguins can be vicious. Just ask Batman.:stuck_out_tongue:

But seriously, if it is some kind of post-apocalyptic earth, there could be any variety of creatures here. Maybe zombie seals, or cyborg penguins. Or just fictional monsters, like ice dragons or something.

~W12~

8 Likes

I’m definitely hoping it’ll be a different location with a parallel scenario, rather than straight-up being earth, even if it was past or future. Hard to say exactly what Faber may do at this point, especially since there’s also still the possibility he may fold it into his Rebel Nature project.

4 Likes

I hope so.

I know everyone seems to want this to relate to climate change. I personally would like to see B3 take place at the tail end of an ice age.

8 Likes

That could be neat. I like that a lot better than Climate Change.

2 Likes

that would also be very interesting

3 Likes

Finally! Every segments of Earth has Ants except Ant-artica. Ironical.

This could also mean a whole team of Kopakas.

He filed a complaint last time to Ekimu for not summoning more warriors like him.

9 Likes

Toa VS Humans who survived the apocalypse

3 Likes

That could be cool. But a bit dark for lego. The again, there was TLM2.

3 Likes

“I didn’t slip.”
“I also didn’t slip.”
“I, too, did not partake in the act of slipping.”
“Nor have I slipped.”
“I share in your non-slipping activity.”
“i wurk alnoe”

…My god, the world couldn’t handle that…

12 Likes

It would spontaneously combust by the sheer magnitude of the magnificence of that gathering.

2 Likes