Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

I’d say decent, but there’s no proof of that. You also have to remember that Faber is also the guy who claimed that there was a Hero Factory story bible, told us that he would share it, then deleted the tweet he mentioned it.

2 Likes

I don’t see what this has to do with the document. The LEGO Group is very protective of their internal memos, they probably told Faber it wasn’t his property to share.

3 Likes

Maybe, but why would he delete the tweet? He could have just said he wasn’t going to be able to give us this.

But anyway, I’m not sure how the document has to do with this discussion.

I’m just trying to say, Faber seems to have a history of saying things from his perspective, which doesn’t necessarily line up with the actual idea. If you want this kind of info, you want to talk to Alastair Swinnerton.

All in all, I’m trying to say don’t make these kinda conjectures and call them fact.

2 Likes

If that anonymous designer was Faber, it would lend credence to my theory that he has always infused Bionicle with a scientific/educational background, which is why it should come as no surprise that his “310N” concept art appears to have an environmentalist bent- an idea that some people in this discussion did not take kindly to.

3 Likes

Either way, until it’s been confirmed that it WAS Faber, we should stay on the safe side and assume not.

Also, if it is from 2003, then that just means the years prior, not necessarily the later years.

3 Likes

That doesn’t mean it wasn’t the case at some point though, does it? And that would honestly make even more sense, as Faber was more influential in the way of this sort of stuff earlier on and all. He’d obviously be taking from the roots that he helped build (presuming he did do this particular thing in the first place, which isn’t the case for certain I know, but still).

2 Likes

So you didn’t know of the pill thing? Amazement by a Bionicle fan.

1 Like

Nope. I’ve never really thought about it.

Obviously Faber had a lot of impact early, but keep in mind he was still heavily involved later on. Faber directed the Creeps from the Deep, Mahri Mini Movie, Phantoka movie, and Mistika movie off the top of my head.

6 Likes

I’m not denying that, for sure. I’m just saying even if that was all it would still be pretty major.

1 Like

The format is not decided but something will appear. Bionicle is a force of nature

Remember when Faber said Bionicle’s name might have to change? This could be a hint that 310N will be tied to Rebel Nature in some way.

6 Likes

Okay, I can’t tell from your post, so forgive me for my presumptions, but you do know that isn’t Faber’s Instagram, right?

3 Likes

It was posted on his Facebook page, where he also shares about of other stuff that also includes the Instagram posts.

7 Likes

Indeed, thanks for informing me!

Hmm, BioKnights? Aside from our dear friend here on the Boards, that sounds like a neat potential name for 14B202… :thinking:

7 Likes

We’ve gone through this song and dance on the 2020 constraction topic already lol, a mod really ought to just port the messages over or something tbh, they have no right to be there :stuck_out_tongue:

BioKnights was one of the last preliminary names before they came up with Bionicle (though that doesn’t discount the fact that he might use the name anyway since I doubt it’s trademarked)

I think it’s a bit too soon to be making those kinds of assumptions though. He’s given no clear indication that this is the case, and I will wait until then for that. I honestly would prefer it wasn’t, as Rebel Nature is already perfectly good as its own entity. Inserting BIONICLE into it to try and make it appeal to more people just sounds like a poor strategy that would alienate more people than it attracted.

Please don’t kill me for dubble post bros, I just happened to be the last guy to post and there’s a wholly new thing to cover now which wouldn’t be done justice if I just added it as an edit to my previous post from like a month ago. Now that there is another post drawing attention to it, I’ll merge the two. You’re all good. -Eljay I hope you understand.

Either way.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5KTjwZpBs7/

New post. Discuss.

12 Likes

Okay, I’m pretty sure now that it has some connection to Bio, even If it’s only a reference or similar premise.

Very reminiscent of the 2001 begining. Awakening and emerging on a strange beech. Completely absent of memories and needing to explore in order to learn who they are and what they need to do. Always one of my favorite parts of the G1 story, and to see it really fleshed out and become a major focus would be amazing.

5 Likes

I really hope this project goes somewhere. Faber is clearly up for something, but sadly I feel like the hype for it has died faster than it should have.

1 Like

I think because people feel like, (I know I do) that he’s toying with our emotions a bit. He giving all these pictures, but no real explanation about what’s going on.

2 Likes

To be fair, he kind of just stopped without any real explanation and left us in suspense for ages. We didn’t even know for sure if it was still in the works, because from our perspective it’s pretty much just a vague non-idea at the moment which had momentum for a little while and then just leveled off.

Hopefully, with this particularly evocative image, he’s got more of an idea and is going to start reeling people in again with more consistent posts rather than trying to gauge interest like before. I for one am not going to be interested until he gives a clear idea of what he even wants to do, rather than continuously on-off teasing us with stuff.

4 Likes