Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Sorry, I should have phrased that better. Is it being recorded for people who don’t have an Instagram account, or in any way that is permanent?

4 Likes

Welp, this is about 78% dead to me.

As much as I love the story, it’s always been secondary to sets, so my intrest has dipped significantly.

Albiet, I kinda expected something like this.

4 Likes

Oh! I have no idea. I have a feeling someone could have/will do it, but I don’t have the capability to do it myself.

I get that. I got the impression he wants the fans to create mocs and stuff for it, though.

5 Likes

Canonization contests 2? :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to a TTV video on this. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

So in the end, it’s exactly like a certain sect of us predicted and it’s a glorified fan-project.

2 Likes

These past two years have been a real rollercoaster for sure.

Call me overly optimistic, but this really feels like even after 20 years, we’re only just getting started.

This project, the canonization contests, the lego ideas set. Sure, they all have naysayers and detractors, but for me, personally, I don’t really think we could ask for better.

7 Likes

Not necessarily. He clearly has plans to do something official, but it was ridiculously vague as to what exactly that means.

10 Likes

Ironically, I’m actually feeling better about it now than I was beforehand. :stuck_out_tongue:
But different priorities, I suppose. I was pretty sure that no matter what happened we probably wouldn’t be getting anything new in set form for at least ten years, and that’s if we got anything at all. Knowing that there may be some sort of story content to look forward to, though it remains to be seen how that might turn out, has piqued my interest once again. Just hoping it’ll be, yanno, good. XD

5 Likes

How would BIONICLE work without a canon?

1 Like

If this project ends up being made without the creative restrictions imposed by being Lego, the narrative can go places it never could otherwise. Also, Lego’s storytelling is crap atm, so that’d be nice to break away from.

6 Likes

How so? I fell a few seasons behind on Ninjago, and havent kept up with anything else

@Sabretooth Did Faber say anything about any possible date we might get a full-on reveal of what the project is?

1 Like

If he did, I didn’t catch it. He called this the beginning of the journey, or something along those lines. He did say that he wished he had more to tell us, but circumstances didn’t go his way.

6 Likes

I feel as though so much has been revealed and I still know absolutely nothing.

6 Likes

So he said that “all the people who have cared for this story and the universe I have invited into this next phase.” Does that mean the fans or people like Greg Farshtey, Bob Thompson, etc.?

3 Likes

That’s kinda what I meant by glorified. It’s no different than a billion other Bionicle projects that reinvent the story, such as Bionicle: Eternal (plug plug plug), other than the lego seal of approval.

2 Likes

Still, the hypothetical Lego/original concept artist seal of approval carries a bit more weight than your average joe. I think he’s also planning on having some form of media attached.

7 Likes

What I want to know is what Lego gets out of this. I mean, without sets, what does lego get besides publicity?

4 Likes

Royalties, maybe.

4 Likes