Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Who knows, maybe he’s trying to leverage them with the idea that Bionicle is all but useless to them, and they should let him buy it or something. He did say that it would either be bionicle or something like it, now that I think about it.
@SirKeksalot Oh, you’re talking about since 2012, dang. I’m not sure I— what about my lungs?

3 Likes

Okay, in that case how does Faber intend to make enough money to be worth the while?

He better have a load of money then because IP’s ain’t cheap.

3 Likes

It depends on the IP.

2 Likes

Considering he discussed it being less about consumers buying a product, I have absolutely no idea.

2 Likes

Not your lungs, the writers’ lungs.

Let’s get ready for MNOG 3 guys!!1!11!

5 Likes

That’s mildly less concerning.

2 Likes

Therin lies the issue. He could try and sell it to TV studios, but I feel like bionicle is too niche for syndicated TV. He could try Netflix MAYBE but I sincerely doubt it. He could try an online program, but I’m not sure he’d make enough there.

Bionicle’s was made to sell a product, and without a product of some sort to sell, it doesn’t feel quite right, IMO.

4 Likes

I think some would argue, Faber included, that while Bionicle was made to sell a product, Bionicle was also made to tell a story.

10 Likes

A story that was built from the ground up to sell a product, without a product that story is weakened considerably.

2 Likes

I would be inclined to disagree. I think all good stories, with or without products attached, should be strong on their own merits. In fact, I could argue that in many ways the fact that Bionicle was aimed at selling toys actually harmed the storytelling on several occasions. Everything from the 42 Kraata, to the absurd amount of characters that required juggling by the end, to the Kaita existing, being super powerful, and then never being brought up again.

11 Likes

It’s not like he’s planning on re-selling us G1’s story. None of the elements of Bionicle require having a physical toy to sell, and thus not having a physical toy to sell wouldn’t inherently weaken whatever story is being created.

6 Likes

Why are you still calling this Bionicle? Without Lego, I don’t think it will be able to be called that. And why would they get involved if they weren’t making any products? I’d be very surprised if that was the case

I’m guessing this is a spiritual successor. Maybe he’ll even call it “Biological Chronicle” like he did in a couple Instagram posts

3 Likes

It sounds like he’s trying to get Lego itself on board for actual Bionicle, though.

7 Likes

Interesting idea! What if he combined those two words…
Biolonicle?

10 Likes

BioLOLnicle

6 Likes

I prefer “chronological”.

6 Likes

What if we combine it to form

(bio)LOGICAL CHRO(nicle)

8 Likes

Genius.

4 Likes

Logical @Chro?