7000 BC. Fall of Atlantis - RP Topic

Teacher contemplated his decision for a moment.
“…Very well.” He reluctantly said, fishing coins from his pockets and dropping them into Dragonborn’s hand. “Now answer the question.”

OOC:

I don’t know. But maybe this could be a foreign currency from Dragonborn’s homeland.

OOC: going off some research it would most likely be coins made from orichalcum, probably crested with the head of the current ruler, who we’ve have yet to meet, but the name of the monetary system would probably be called the “Rikian Coin”

The coins would be made from three metals, copper, silver, and orichalcum. Each metal type would have three variants, weak, ringed, and crested. The last having the image of the ruler.

IC:

Many of the locals watch from the forests, many waiting for the order to strike.

“Begin…”

1 Like

A group of Roman diplomats left Olbia, searching for the nearest society of natives.

“Here, on the dirty streets, under the eye of every peasant that might pass us?” Leonida asked offended.

1 Like

@Jcton OOC: thanks.

Ic:

@Mctoran
Dragonborn pockets the money. “That boat holds a material central to the technology of this city. The druid was over there hiding a message for one of my sources to find. That message contained the weak points of the ship, and where one would most likely be able to break in.” Dragonborn pulls a small scroll out of his sleeve. “Another hundred crested orichalcum for that information.”

1 Like

“Before I make a decision…what exact material is on the ship?” Teacher inquired.

Gorga leaned against a wall, watching Teacher, Dragonborn, and whoever else was standing there.
“They don’t look up to any good. I wonder if there’s any sort of bounty on them.” She muttered quietly to herself.

Dragonborn smiles behind his mask. “Thonto.” He says.

1 Like

Teacher’s eyes widened when he heard this.
Thonto? That could make me a very wealthy person…
He felt conflicted, trying to decide whether or not to accept Dragonborn’s offer.

A drake cries out, and Dragonborn stiffens. “We are being watched.” He says to Teacher and the Leper’s associate. Dragonborn then turns his head toward Gorga.

@Mctoran @meepinater @Bramsley

1 Like

She smiles,
“Dirt peasant? All are peasants compared to the great light of day. Does any man control the sun? If one does then I shall call him, king… Does any man command the seas? If one does I shall call him, higher. you came to me to search for answers…so tell me your questions. Secrets are best told in daylight than in darkness.”

They might find themselves surrounded by the native warriors, who were both curious of the newcomers and very suspicious of the newcomers’ actions.

The soldiers with the marking of lion arrived at the ports, they first seem to be discussing things somewhat peacefully with Elion’s soldiers, before things begin to get heated.

Commander Elion Aks marches to the commotion placing himself between both groups of soldiers.
“Say what you will, but what is your purpose here?”

A separate commander bearing the mark of a lion walks up to Elion,
“Elion, it is good to see you. We were just discussing the repossession of the of the Thonto.”

“Under who’s orders?”

“Mine, of course. Unlike you I’ve recently been promoted to High Commander. It would be best if you obeyed me… Elion.”

Elion gritted his teeth,
“Who. Promoted you?”

“The king of course.”

Elion turns away,
“Men leave the ■■■■■■■■ here, I have new orders for you. The Lion Unit will take the Thonto from here.”

The Lion High Commander smiles and turns to his own men barking order at them to ready the Thonto for transportation.

Gorga makes no response, calmly staring at Dragonborn.

“I am not afraid of either Apollo or Poseidon. We, the Latins, are loved and praised by every god of every panteon.”

“Salve!” The diplomat said.

“Gods? I’ve said nothing about your pantheon. That is beside the point or the meaning of those words. Regardless, what is your quest?”

A well dressed native goes our to the romans.
“What is it?”
They ask.

“As I said. I don’t trust the peasants to listen to my request.”

“You know who we are?”

“By whom?” Teacher asked, now fully alert as he gazed around apprehensively.
@TBT_Emerald

The oracle looks at the roman,
“Then we have no business… If you want true secrecy, then you should turn to the oracle of the king. I heard she is a seer of many things.”

“I have watched you since you’ve landed on our shores.”
The native spoke in a rough latin.
“You come with many ships and you’ve begun construction… but not much is truly known…”

Elion leads his eagle unit away from the docks heading into the city.

1 Like

He turned his back to her without saying anything and left for the royal castle. The group of guards followed him.

“But you know that we are Romans, as it seems.”
@Jcton

“A bounty hunter.” Dragonborn says, Eyes remaining fixed on gorga. “If you would like to continue discussions, walk with me. I will give you a warning though. The guards move Thonto fast and often. If it is your desire to obtain some you will have to act fast.”

@Mctoran @Bramsley @meepinater

1 Like

Teacher was heavily divided, unsure how to proceed.

Taking in one long gust of breath, Teacher followed after Dragonborn.

Gorga winked at Dragonborn, shifting back onto both feet.

1 Like