75534 Darth Vader

I recently got the new Darth Vader constructable action figure, and was reasonably satisfied with the set. It was pretty good-looking for something over 1 foot tall, and it was pretty sturdy. The play features were nice, although I would like to be able to take off the knob on the back. I especially like the new helmet. It has 168 pieces, and I feel it makes good use of those.

However, there are three things I can’t stand about the set. First, It’s $39.99, which I think is too much for that amount of pieces. Second, the reliance on cloth pieces to make the set look better. When you remove the cape, you can see the back is a mess of blue and red pins and looks unfinished. I would be willing to forgive that on its own, but from the front there are two very prominent gaps around his abdomen. Third, the legs. They look terrible, the knees can’t bend to a 90 degree and, and they can’t bend forward at all. If it didn’t have these problems, I would probably keep it longer, but it has some really nice parts, and I’m going to need them sooner or later.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re right, the price was way too overpriced, probably $10 more than 75530, which makes use of the leg builds, but I agree that the legs in this remake looks awkwardly designed (I like 75111’s legs much better actually). Unfortunately, the knees doesn’t bend at a 90 degree angle as Chewie suffered from the same issue. That’s why I gave it a pass.

In terms of your TECHNIC complaint, yeah, these are used to justify the color confusion which does make building easier kids. That doesn’t destroy the color scheme in this set though.

2 Likes

These knock-off Star Wars sets are insanely overpriced. Brutaka didn’t even cost that much.

2 Likes

You could have bought the Vezon and Fenrakk set and still have $10 left over to buy all the Galidor sets off ebay.

4 Likes

I’m probably not giving it even a look, since the stores I’ve seen so far are greedy enough to ask 50€ for it. Seriously. I can get Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike for less.

4 Likes

It’s not knock-off.

I got it as a gift so the price doesn’t bother me

If I got it as a gift I would be fine with it. But I was stupid enough to buy the thing.

Oof. If it wasn’t for the printing on some of those shells I’d say it’s worth it

1 Like

Seeing that I got the set for free, I can now say the build is actually pretty solid, though it’s still not worth the price tag. Also, the legs are atrocious. They can bend maybe 45 degrees and there’s a reason the backside of them is covered in cloth.

1 Like