A Hero in the Depths

The legendary mask shimmered with a warm golden light, a beacon of hope in the darkness of The Pit. Matoro, embracing his destiny, reached out towards it.

I’d appreciate any feedback! Also, if anyone has any suggestions for more, let me know!

55 Likes

Rip matoro

he died like he lived

unappreciated

2 Likes

This is awesome! I see that’s not a standard Matoro, did you make the moc yourself because it’s really good! I love the lighting in the background, really reinforces the depth of the water! And the cracks and scratches on Matoro are really nice touches! I’d love to see some more, maybe of different scenes?
@Sabretooth I’m not particularly familiar with G1 story but isn’t there a scene involving Tahu and some golden shield? The final better where Makuta gets pushed into a planet (moon?). Either of those would be really awesome.

1 Like

Nice! You can feel the tension with Matoro’s cracking armor and mask.

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes, I made the moc a while ago- It’s one of my favorites. Here it is. Toa Mahri Matoro Revamp (UPDATED)

[quote=“Kikoa, post:3, topic:42557”]
I’d love to see some more, maybe of different scenes?
[/quote] Do you have any particular one in mind?
@Yveran Thanks! I added the cracks last minute, good to know it worked.

[quote=“BrokenAxels, post:2, topic:42557”]
he died like he lived

unappreciated
[/quote] Does Ravager salute

3 Likes

And I’m sad now. Amazing work though.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome.

2 Likes

MATOROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This is good, I like the effects.

2 Likes

That looks awesome! I can’t decide what my favorite part is: the Bionicle minifigure arms as a thumb, the cool glow of the Mask of Life (I forgot if it was Ignika or Inika), or the glow of Matoro’s eyes! Man, I’d really love something like this for Ehlek…

Thank you! [quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:10, topic:42557”]
Bionicle minifigure arms as a thumb
[/quote] You like that? That’s only there because I couldn’t find any more exo force arms😛[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:10, topic:42557”]
Ignika
[/quote] It’s Ignika.

[quote=“ToaNoah_Wafflemeister, post:10, topic:42557”]
Ehlek…
[/quote] Unfortunately I don’t own Ehlek.
@Morgy Thanks!

2 Likes

I’d apply a blue filter, he looks way too… normal for someone who is underwater
like… I don’t know

or

or

I don’t know!

but anyways it looks pretty cool

4 Likes

A hero in death… kill me.

He is bionic jesus

This is a really nicely done shot! Fantastic work!

2 Likes

Thanks!

I may be able to pull one of those off.

1 Like

The very moment that the fate of a whole universe weighed on the shoulders of one being.
Awesome work man!

1 Like