A Repetitive Week (RP Topic)

IC: David appears in the same room Lauren is in, and looks at her a moment.

He is still wearing the same dark maroon long sleeve, and dark sweatpants that are probably not in school code. His ever-present book is still under the crook of his right arm.

With deliberate slowness, or unsteadiness, he begins to walk toward her, seemingly changes his mind/falters, and instead walks past her and Kara, eyes flicking over to her.

Kara definitely notices. Both of them fall silent until David passes. Kara looks at Lauren with a wolfish grin. “Who’s he?”

“Someone,” Lauren mutters. “I don’t really know him.” Kara’s face somehow manages to light up even more.

“Oooo. Did you at least manage to catch his name before-”

“His name is David, and it wasn’t like that.” She stands up. “I’m going to get some fresh air.” Kara shakes her head.

“I promise not to notice if he follows you, okay?” Lauren doesn’t reply, getting rid of her lunch tray and heading outside. Her usual mental dialogue is gone, replaced by a cloud of frustration.

IC: David keeps walking past, thumbing through his book as he does. He looks back once but then stops. She’s not paying attention. She has her own life, and it’s-it’s selfish for him to try and project…this isn’t her problem is it…
It’s his.

He looks down at the page, eyes dilating. A small, sticklike figure is sketched crudely on the page, a dull humanoid thing with a white face and red streaks beneath its eyes. Now that alone would be nothing, nothing of consequence by itself, and heaven knows he’s drawn darker things and better things before.

But he’s had this book for years. He numbered the pages, for God’s sake. And a few days ago, he could confidently say there was nothing on page 152.
But now there is.
Odd, he thinks to himself as he surveys the figure one more time. This crude little fantasy should be nothing, nothing but a little blot of ink and meaning.

But for some reason its familiar.

IC: The door the the chem lab opens as a student enters, clumsily carrying a mass of papers in one arm and a bag in the other.

“Whoops, sorry, excuse me…”

1 Like

OOC: You thought nobody would catch that. I did. I see you. And we have all the time in the world… :smiling_imp:

Ooc- i dont get it

OOC: That’s the point. It’s a bit of an obscure reference, if it can even be called that.

ooc- post 152?

OOC: :slight_smile:
In TNC’s RP page 152 of arc 3, well…it details a group of researchers testing a biomanipulative agent on an innocuous ball of flesh. The ball mutates, containment breaches, and a horrible mutant mass of thorny tendrils reach out and attack the researchers.

It details a group of researchers testing a biomanipulative agent on an innocuous ball of flesh, taking care to make sure the safety devices are in place to prevent breaches.

1 Like

OOC: You’ve already done it in the future, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Lily finishes and heads to lunch talking a loud “I wonder. I know Deja goes here. Lync is pretty nice. I wonder if she goes here. Then there’s David… And Bailey. Man. I should have invited more chicks. It feels bad with Lync and Deja being along there. Neato.” Lily skips along

Bailey continued to do various excersizes in the gym

OOC: Calling it a night.
Seeya all tomorrow.

Just remember.
We have all the time in the world.
So let’s get this right, shall we?

2 Likes

Ideruba smiles as he gets a plan. He heads to a speaker in the cafeteria. He fiddles with it and places something in it

Bailey exits the gym and smelled like he had got done showering, he huffs a bit and heads back to the caffeteria

Ooc- going to bed, goodnight

“So… how’s this gonna work then?” Jacob prompts hopefully, sitting down next to her…

James also happened to walk into the library at this point and snorts disapprovingly.

That idiot didn’t listen to a word I said, huh? Well, not my problem.

“Oh, hello all.” said cammy as she looked up from her book.

Bailey saw her and waved “hello”.

Bailey sits down at a table and reads from his book, titled the fury

Ooc I’ll be back in a hour
Edit: back

“Hello…?” Jacob hazarded at her.

“didn’t realize you’d all be here.”

Deja “What work?”