Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

I’ve nearly caught up on this show after having only seen the first season a year or more ago. HOLY COW. Season 1 got a lot better as it went, but now it’s really become an awesome show that can stand on its own merits.

I particularly love how they’ve developed the characters–at first, they all fit into standard TV stereotypes and seemed super generic (except Coulson). But over time, every single one of them has completely shattered their mold. The characters I thought were just going to be glorified comic relief (Fitz and Simmons) are now some of my favorites!

Anyway, yeah, I’m surprised there’s not already a topic for this show. Discuss away!

8 Likes

While I really enjoy this show at times, recently I feel that the show is becoming more of a soap opera and less of a drama. One of the things that drew me in to the show was that Coulson was in the show, and that they kept it balanced between fun and serious.

1 Like

I watched the premiere and stopped watching the series after a while. Got bored. Maybe I’ll give it another chance.

2 Likes

I like the show. Then, halfway through season 3, I realized I needed sleep.

4 Likes

A lot of people gave up during the first season. The writers were basically stalling until the Winter Soldier movie came out so they could start the main story arc. It picks up in episode 16 or 17 if you want to skip ahead. :stuck_out_tongue:

XD

1 Like

I saw all of season 1, and more than half of 2. Then lost interest and stopped following it.

Started out okay, got a lot better, then I lost track and it died out for me. It’s very inferior in comparison to Daredevil or even DC’s Arrow and Flash.

The thing I find odd is that with the introduction of super humans into the story, it was meant to tie in to the eventual Inhumans movie.

But now that Inhumans has been pushed back/possibly cancelled, what’s the deal with S.H.I.E.L.D.? What’s the goal now? It’s not a tie in, it’s not leading up to anything, and if Inhumans is still on then not for a long, long time.

Inhumans was, and still is, coming out in 2019. The team grows behind the scenes over the years and debuts on the big screen in their movie.

1 Like

So that winter finale. Is there a way to put things in spoilers or should I just say it?

Use spoiler tags:

[spoiler]type secret text here [/spoiler#]

Just remove the # and you’re good to go.

1 Like

Oh ok.

I guess Ward is the god king of Hydra now.

So, I’m pulling a T.A.H.I.T.I. and am bringing this topic back to life.

So my prediction for the season finale… the S.H.I.E.L.D. agent that dies in that quinjet in orbit is actually Malik, and the vision he saw was him being effected by the vacuum of space.

2 Likes

Oh hey I forgot this was a topic

Agents of SHIELD ROCKS. Before I was introduced to Daredevil and my standards were raised to such a high degree, it was my favorite thing in the MCU because I can connect with these characters far more than the ones featured in the movies.

I should do a more in-depth opinion post soon, but then again, we did already do a TTV Talks about it lol

-Mesonak

2 Likes

You did?!
I find that out at 10:27…
Great.

AOS is my favorite Live action show.
Sure, most people like Flash, Arrow, or DD better, but this show is just great.
I love it.

1 Like

So my theory got shot down pretty quick. Only two more episodes! :scream:

Does anyone know if it’s important to catch up before seeing Civil War? No spoilers, please. I’m about a month behind. XD

1 Like

As far as I know, Civil War is not affected by Agents of SHIELD.

3 Likes

No, not really. I’ll actually be really surprised if S.H.I.E.L.D. gets any sort of reference. I suppose that it’s possible that former General Ross might refer to a ‘fish oil outbreak’ or something, but other than that, it doesn’t affect Civil War at all as far as I know.

Edit:
However, while I still doubt a reference to S.H.I.E.L.D. in Civil War, Civil War will impact S.H.I.E.L.D.

3 Likes

Alright, thanks!

1 Like

I still need to watch Season 3. I don’t have cable, so I watch it online. The last episode I saw was the first.

2 Likes