AKA Jonathan Juan (Ask Kahi Anything)

Are you working on any other designs for your characters in the DC ultimate universe to post on the boards?

Does your DCUU Batman still have a cape or does he just glide around in a trench coat?

Do you have Slizers?
What is your favorite Slizer?
What is your opinion on Slizers?

I know I’ve been asking all the cast members the same thing but I don’t hear them talked about much.

We’re working on bringing that back. It’s a scheduling thing right now.

Ace Attorney is not a game for law students. Ace Attorney is a really fun, really entertaining crime mystery drama visual novel. It just happens to star lawyers. Some of the most well written cases I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing. If that interests you, you should definitely play it. It’s on smartphones now for pretty cheap.

April Fools joke aside, I think that the mask is more trouble than it’s worth really.

Eljay’s just replaced the mask emote because we thought that would be funny.

SO MANY DESIGNS. I have so many things that I want to put to paper. Seriously, I have about ten years of a serialized comic planned centering around my own DC universe. I’ve got this personal notebook app that has a billion articles about issues and multi-layered arcs and character relations and new characters and redesigns and

Okay, give me one character you want to see and I’ll draw up my design for it and post it here alongside with all of the changes I have for that character

He has partial glide ability with his coat, for landing and going over short distances. My Batman also has a flying drone that he can latch onto called the Batwing.

(I personally call it the “Tomorrowverse” because my initial pitch for Superman was called Superman: Son of Tomorrow because my Superman is just a kid)

Yeah, I got the Jungle one at a yard sale!

Probably the one I got.

They were alright. They were part of the great original late 90s LEGO lines, when LEGO marketing was actually still cool and they weren’t afraid to have this kind of darker edge to stuff.

1 Like

Would the Question work? Or is he too much of a Z-lister?

Have you ever pretended to be a goat for three days?

What is your favorite parts of your jobs?

What is the ethics of being a goat for three days?

Are you a fan of Transformers?

How much have you drawn in one day?

That was exactly what I was thinking, but for long distances, does he use a grapple gun and is it a gun or a wristlauncher or something?

I’d love to see your Robin or Riddler.

No but I subbed in for Viper once during a voice acting session so I guess that’s about the same thing

Which one? I’ve held seven jobs (give or take) since I was sixteen.

Animals have no ethics, they are instinctive creatures and are therefore unable to comprehend morality on any objective level.

Not really. I know some basic stuff about them but I wouldn’t really call myself like a fan or anything.

I do a lot of half-drawings and go back and finish them later, or just leave them never to be completed. So I’m honestly not so sure.

I don’t have a costume redesign for the Question, unfortunately. I threw around an idea about him being one of the Monitors that lost his designation and had it replaced with ?, ergo, the Question - but I felt it was too far a departure for the character to risk replacing the established one with.

Either the mobile Batwing, or the grapple launcher. The grapple launcher has no cord, though. Instead, it’s a powerful electromagnet device that has an end bit that detaches from the base and then pulls the target towards it.

Really quick sketch:

http://i.imgur.com/LByeg5s.jpg

All of the Bat Family costumes are built for tactical combat and stealth, hence the mouth guard. However, there are variations.

Bonus: Nightwing, Red Hood, and a Robin-sized prototype of what will eventually become the Batman Beyond helmet.

NOTES:

• Nightwing is much older and is more of Batman’s partner than child ward. He is not a child circus acrobat (a concept that is growing more and more outdated as time goes on), but a orphaned parkour runner in Gotham City.

• Jason Todd’s codename is initially Cardinal. He specializes in breaking and entering. He has an unnatural proficiency for firearms.

• A version of the “Tower of Babel” storyline takes place, with Batman’s plans to take down the Justice League being stolen and used against all of them. Though they are able to overcome the traps, many of the League feel that their trust has been violated with Batman and vote to kick him out of the League. He, of course, leaves the room before they tell him the results, already knowing what they voted.

• Clark confronts him later and asks if Batman ever had a plan for himself, if he was to go evil. Batman replies that it is the Justice League. Clark smiles, relieved.

• That is a lie.

• His plan is Damian Wayne.

8 Likes

That is so much cooler than Robin. Did he ever die though?

As awesome as Robin (Which one is this, btw?) is in this, is his grapple is built into one end of the staff?

I thought maybe Snyder was going to do that first because I assumed this was attached to the staff and was a four-pronged claw for grappling.

Is the Court of Owls in your Tomorrowverse?

Got anything for Booster Gold or Blue Beetle?

4 Likes

Could you pitch your idea for a Tomorrowverse Batman movie?

And is The League of Assassins involved with Batman and/or his training?

What was the worst injury you have ever gotten?

Yes.

Nope, the grapple is this weird electro-magnetic tool that propels one end of it into whatever surface it wants to grab on and then attracts the user to it, no actual cord required.

Yes and yes. Both very much so.

In the mid 7th century, a disgraced Arabian lord comes across an oasis in the middle of the desert. This oasis was one of the Lazarus Pits - portals into the mortal world used by demons. This demon was the terror of the towns around the area, but the lord managed to kill it, sealing it in the underworld forever, for although demons cannot be killed, their mortal bodies can be severed. He severed the dragon’s head and became to be known as Ra’s Al Ghul, the Head of the Demon.

Through using the Pit’s life-cleansing abilities, the League of Assassins was built and maintained by Ra’s for the next several centuries. Soon into the 15th century, European cults start to form around the rumored existence of these pools of life, and the Court of Owls is formed. They and the League of Assassins have a rivalry for the last remaining Lazarus Pits, as all those in the Old World are beginning to lose their healing properties and run dry.

Expeditions to the New World were created, and the Court sent many of their number to search for the “Fountain of Youth” that was sure to exist somewhere in the world. While some would be found in South America, the biggest one was to be found in New Jersey, with the Court of Owls hoping to make it their main base in the New World, similar to how the League of Assassins had their own base built around the first Lazarus Pit that Ra’s Al Ghul discovered.

But both the League and the Court had a great war over the Pit, which ended with the emergence of the demon Etrigan from his portal. The Court overpowered both the League and Etrigan, but killed him in his pit, to which the revival properties of the Pit created the closest thing to a “magical closed circuit” there could be.

The land was then forever cursed, to always be seeped in evil, and to draw all those who came to it to be bounded to the city, as if it was calling out to them. The five families of the Court built Gotham on top of the Lazarus Pit, and the curse strengthened their city as it grew.

That is why Gotham City is always shrouded in almost perpetual darkness, and why it’s citizens simply can’t seem to just up and leave such a depressive place. The curse keeps them there, binds them there, makes it a part of themselves. Batman embraces this curse, makes Gotham his own, but it retaliates by creating all manner of demonic counterparts to test it’s one savior.

Speaking of Batman, the Waynes were one of the five founding families of the Court, starting with Solomon Wayne. However, they were betrayed by his descendant, Alan Wayne, who partnered with the League of Assassins to combat the court. He had the League build a base under his manor and they tried to ambush the Court, but ultimately failed. His son Thomas then refused to take part in any of his families’ history, instead trying to use his elevated wealth and status to make Gotham a better place. He formed a high society/charity called the “White Knights”, which would fund a seven year plan to “Make Gotham Great Again”, but was subsequently killed by a mugger named Joe Chill.

His orphaned son would be sought out by Ra’s Al Ghul as a heir, and the rest is history.

Okay, imagine this cold open. After seeing the sequence in Batman v Superman (which was the absolute best part of that movie), I couldn’t help but see how expanding it/tweaking it could make an amazing cold open for the movie.

There’s a great, gothic shot of this tall building. A limo pulls up to the entrance. Guards pile out, followed by a gagged, petrified girl. It’s raining torrents, but a man emerges from behind her, tightening his tie, his face obscured by a cobalt skull. It’s Black Mask.

He ushers the girl quickly through the door with a gun, taking her to the elevator in the back. He orders the guards to make sure there is “no interference” as he takes her up.

What follows is an amazingly choreographed long take of Batman storming the building, turning off all of the lights and just completely beasting through this hotel of armed guards. There’s absolutely no visible cuts in this at all, just one smooth, dolly take as he barricades through Black Mask’s men. Hit after hit, batarang after batarang, he’s a one man army.

He makes it to the top floor. There are guards surrounding the girl, with Black Mask in his desk at the back. Suddenly, the floor gives out from under them. Batman pulls the girl down to safety as he leaps up and completely devastated the guards, smashing Black Mask into the ground.

He hears a scream from below. One of the guards has grabbed the girl and is using her as a shield.

Batman drops down.

“Stay back!” the mobster yells at him. “I’ll do it! You don’t think I won’t do it?!” He points the gun at Batman.

The camera swivels around from focusing on the mobster to focusing on Batman. Except, it isn’t Batman - it’s a child standing in front of the theater. His two parents are standing behind him, clutching their chests as blood streams from them.

The child has no irises, just white eyes. He opens his mouth, and both a child’s voice and a deep, slightly robotic voice call out together. “I believe you.”

The child throws a batarang and as it whizzes by the camera, we see it cut between the child and Batman. The batarang blacks out the camera as it cuts to the title card.

The Batman

(The first Tomorrowverse Batman movie would focus on a fight with the Court of Owls, as well as kind of delving into the history between the two that I’ve described above. I would want the split second I described above to be the only hint to Batman’s origin, however. I feel like visually that’s just enough of a cool moment to explain to the viewer what happened, while still feeling fresh for people that have seen it a million times. Plus, it’s like, that’s what Batman sees every time someone points a gun at him.)

I’ll save this for next time.

4 Likes

That is a great idea. Surprised that hasn’t been used.

Not to get into any political discussion, but is that seriously the name?

Well-made symbolism. Nice.

What is Joker like?

What is Harley like?

What is their relationship like?

Avatar: The Last Airbender or Legend of Korra, which one do you prefer and why?

What is Tommowverse Superman, Lex Luthor, & Brainaic looks like?

Go to 366 Days of Art and go to post 994 for superman

who would win? godzilla(2016) or tahu(2016)?
you dont need to answer this question

First of all. Happy birthday!

And second. how would you rank the Bionicle movies?

1 Like

Happy Birthday, Kahi!

EDIT: Wait, this is AMA, isn’t it
Q: Do you feel older?

1. Who would win 6 greg farshteys or a bear?
  2. Whos your day been?
  3. Watched any of the alien movies?