AKA Jonathan Juan (Ask Kahi Anything)

No, seriously. How much money would it take for you to change your name back?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

So have I. The only changes I have so far are:

• Replace Rick Flag with Katana or take her out of the movie completely.

• No military presence following them around.

• Better Croc or no Croc.

• R rating.

• No creepy Batman/Harley mouth-to-mouth recessitation make out scene.

• No Enchantress, Incubus, or June Moone.

• Different villain.

Joker and Monster T stole some weapon that the U.S. was going to use with a country in the Middle East to stop another warring country. The weapon was stolen and never delivered so the allied country thinks that the government betrayed them and is about to wage war on them. The Squad is assembled to retrieve it. Harley Quinn, who knows how the Joker thinks, Deadshot, who’s a master assassin, Captain Boomerang, who’s an expert thief, Slipknot, who is a meaningless example, and Killer Croc and El Diablo just because.

Feel free to critique.

Did you notice that you never answered @Lord_Tuma 's 3 questions?

Have you given Beware the Batman a second chance yet?

Have you or are you going to pick up any of the new Batman sets?

Do you ever wish you could take a break from the work of being a cast member and thrive and mingle among the common folk on the boards like the average joe?

Here’s one that’d also be better Slipknot not dying

2 Likes

Why should he live?

So it doesn’t feel like they put him in just to be a redshirt

2 Likes

Hey @Jon who your favorite form of @Eljay

Hey, @Kidnapped_Sock please used the spoiler tags, so no one get spoiled.

1 Like

Well, they could’ve at least given him a character intro.

I totally forgot, but do you moc? I know you’ve got your self moc but… everyone has one of those.

10 Likes

Have you read Jonathan Hickman’s Fantastic Four run?

Have you ever built a lego mech

jonju why do you spend so much time trying to make money

monee is the source of all evil

just look at g2
it failed because Lego tried to make miney

5 Likes

I like it, although it still doesn’t really help out part of the main problem: which is why Amanda Waller, who is in contact with Bruce Wayne and who knows he’s Batman doesn’t have him or the other members of the Justice League do what needs to be done. (I get that the JL isn’t exactly assembled yet but you can’t tell me that Wonder Woman wouldn’t have been some help against Enchantress.)

The Suicide Squad only works when you have a morally grey military mission that superheroes wouldn’t do. Anything in the movie (saving Amanda Waller, stopping Enchantress) is stuff a superhero would do in a heartbeat. Also, where the heck was Flash, Batman and Wonder Woman during the several days that Enchantress was doing her thing? Anyhow.

I toyed with the idea that the Squad was actually assembled to take down Batman. Maybe to recover the Kryptonite he stole from military? It would fit in with the “anti-Superman” spin the government used to fund the Squad in the first place. It would be great for them to have a final fight with Batman being presented as a monster. That’s something we’ve never seen before: unique to having villains as the protagonist.

1. Oh, right.

2. Not yet. I’ve been meaning to though.

3. I want to pick up a couple. Harley Quinn’s cycle and the Ra’s Al Ghul one are on my list.

4. To be honest, and I realize this is going to sound pretentious, when I was on BZPower, I made posts to share my opinion. The more people read my topic, the more people listened to my opinion. Now, several thousand people a week tune in to hear my opinion. So I don’t really do message boards as much anymore, just because it isn’t as efficient.

1. Really big fan of clean designs. TARS from Interstellar was really cool to look at.
  2. Not sure. Not feeling any new Zack Snyder movies. Don’t like the Flash costume or actor. Cyborg looks fake.
  3. The new Civil War Spider-Man. It’s a thing of beauty.

I actually disagree. He’s a lame character and he should only be there for them to show that they’re serious about the head bomb. They need to show that narratively, and having an expendable character do so is the best way. Plus, it’s a staple of the Squad.

Oh yes. I’ve read Hickman for so long. He’s amazing. He really gets Reed and Doom like nobody else. Also, I love how he wrote Sue and Reed in Time Runs Out. So many people try to make Reed seem intellectually distant and stoic and Sue leaving him because of it, like Mark Millar in Civil War. But Hickman understands that they’re a power couple.

I’ve built a Hero Factory mech, if that counts.

I do, but not very often. I’m not that great at it, so I kind of leave it to the experts. I’ve been meaning to more and more, though.

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/money-memes/funny-memes-about-money-9.jpg

8 Likes

Harley’s set is worth it. The Killer Croc Sewer Smash is pretty bad, even though I personally like the Bat-Tank, but there are too many problems with the model. Just recommend buying the figs themselves.

Yeah. Kind of just came up with this in 20 seconds or so. Didn’t put too much thought into it. My only other exposure to the Squad is Assault on Arkham.

Though they are technically leaks but not visual, will the LEGO Batman Movie set descriptions be discussed on the next Brickfeed?

Any particular arcs you would recommend? I’m going to try and hunt down some back issues at my local comicbook shop.

What was with the recent string of scrub questions? Are you trying to be more likeable?

The Omnibuses are great, or you could try Marvel Unlimited and binge them. It’s $10 a month and kind of a steal if you read your stuff digitally like me.

“Solve Everything” is the first arc Hickman does, and it’s brilliant. I love it. The Council is a great concept and we’re able to see why Reed is the true Prime Reed. It starts with #570.

The Battle of the Four Cities is the arc after. It’s alright. I feel like it’s too bloated and complicated for its own good.

Future Foundation is where it gets really good, though. Both the arc in Fantastic Four, and then all of FF and the Fantastic Four tie in.

You should also read Ultimate Fantastic Four, then the Ultimate Galactus Trilogy, then the Ultimate Doom. Then go right into Hickman’s Avengers/New Avengers.

New Avengers is, in my opinion, the best of the bunch. They really deal with this moral dilemma spectacularly well. Plus, there’s some really good dichotomy between Reed and Tony, and what makes each of them tick.

Plus, there’s so much parallelism and foreshadowing. It’s incredible. You just have to read a ton to get it. But seeing it unfold over so many years was super rewarding.

I’m debating it. There’s no way to verify, but we are big comics fans, so it could be interesting regardless. Our leak policy only applies right now to leaked pictures with confidential markings on it.

3 Likes

Didn’t you guys state that you will report on set lists?

has var given your parts back?

1 Like

No. I’m not bitter about it.

Fun fact: I gave my parts to Var after the launch party at New York Comic-Con in 2014. I still haven’t gotten it back when we saw each other again at Brickfair 2016.

So my parts have been with Var longer than Bionicle G2 existed.

15 Likes