AKA Jonathan Juan (Ask Kahi Anything)

Favorite animated Batman movie?

I have! And I’m really excited for them. If we ever review System sets, I want to be the first in line to take over the superhero ones. I’m a goldmine of superhero and comic knowledge.

I’m not there yet, but I have been accepted and will be attending this fall! Both me and my sister are headed out there. I really liked the campus, so hopefully it works out!

TTV is a matter of just scheduling around different things. I try to make sure to carve my schedule around certain shows we have, and if it’s difficult, we either reschedule that show entirely or don’t have me on that rotation.

I’ve worked three jobs, gone to school full time and also worked on TTV in the past. It’s not fun, but you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do.

Good band, before my time.

The joke is that the background included the best Bionicle comics, and mine were obviously the best there was.

Superheroes, and then Star Wars. I do like some of the really creative and expensive City stuff, like the apartment building and the movie theater and stuff.

Mask of the Phantasm is generally cited as being the best, but I have to admit that Under the Red Hood stands out as my favorite. I’m hoping the adaptation of The Killing Joke will change that, though.

3 Likes

That’s Creator Expert, not City.

WOT!! I thought UtRH or Batman: The Dark Knight Returns was cited as the best, or even Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Gonna get that 60’s Batcave?

This might be a dumb question, but do you watch Ninjago? If so, have you seen the first 4 episodes of Season 6: Skybound?

Have you gotten any of those Star Wars system sets?

Have you ever tried watching Gotham?

Nope! Mask of the Phantasm generally tops people’s lists. It’s a good film.

Depends on the budget.

I do, but I’ve not kept up with this newest season, hence why I haven’t been on the coverages. I do mean to, though.

Not yet, but I plan to. I do have some of the constraction sets.

Tried the first two episodes, didn’t like it. I watched some season from later on, and it seems to get a little better.

Yeah, but… wait I have no counter-point.

To quote TSwizzle,“It’s getting good now!” You can find the first 3 in the Ninjago 2016 Discussion Topic on Post #113.

I’ve heard that the Resistance Troop Transport is highly intricate for a $70 system set.

Yeah, it took me a year to give it a 2nd chance, but I like it despite it’s ear-gratingly painful issues.

How would you do a Batman Beyond Netflix series? (It can be live-action or animated.)

I heard it might be somewhere around $270 IIRC.

1 Like

I was right! Yay! :D

1 Like

Ooof! Probably not.

I would find a studio that’s willing to do Blur Studios quality animation, similar to their video game cutscenes. It’d take a good bit of budget, but that’s how I’ve always wanted to do a superhero TV show.

For one, it takes away the suspension of disbelief seeing TV-quality special effects on live people. Both are animated, so it works. Secondly, you can have fitting voice actors while having models that fit the character. Kevin Conroy could still play a future Bruce Wayne, for instance, even though he physically doesn’t look the part. Thirdly, you have more freedom with cinematography and camera.

I have a Batman Beyond pitch that is within my giant “Ultimate DC Universe” pitch, which generally spans about twenty years worth of story. The real trick is working in the larger DC Universe and how much it’s changed within that time period. Predominately, it’s how to work in Damian into the future Batman mythos, when he’s not present in Batman Beyond at all (for obvious reasons).

I’d love to share what I have for it here, but I’d have to explain the rest of the universe’s storyline to make sense.

4 Likes

What is your biggest dream?

1 Like

I see what you did there
Do you actually want to punch homeless people?

What would be the name of your ideal country? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are you illuminati?

1 Like

Do you know what paralegals are?

~W12~

1 Like

what that one thing you do every day at 10:37am?

1 Like

I have a buddy at LU

I can now play 6 Degrees from TTV! :stuck_out_tongue:

Not really.

One where I would rule? Earth.

The first rule of the Illuminati is that you do not talk about the Illuminati

Yes…?

Sleep, or wish I was sleeping. Unless it is sunday, in which case that is usually when I am trying hard not to sleep :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I mean, I haven’t technically met him yet, so… :stuck_out_tongue:

Fun fact, though: I am four degrees of separation from anyone in the new Star Wars film, and five degrees of separation from every single Avenger.

3 Likes

they say you are a lawyer at leisure what does that mean?

So you are???

1 Like

Are you a Free-Mason?