Akamai G2

39 Likes

I like the hammer. It looks nice being double sided

This is really cool! Lots of creative techniques on display here. :slight_smile:

As Akamai, though, I think it falls a little short. At a glance this looks more like a Tahu upgrade than a Kaita. The design is hugely dominated by red and gold, both Tahu colors, in addition to the use of his mask. Not to mention the physicality resembles Tahu most of all. If I look hard enough I can see the Onua and Pohatu components, but it screams Tahu the loudest.

I think it would help to bring some brown and black armor to the top layer and having more of Pohatu’s silver armor on the front. It’s also missing Pohatu’s trans yellow bones and Onua’s purple armor, which are integral to their look. Best of all would be if you could find a use for Onua or Pohatu’s chest plates or the boomerangs, but I’m not sure those would fit without a major retooling.

Overall I do like it. I especially like what you did with the weapons, it’s quite a step up from the 2001 plain fire sword and severed head club.

5 Likes

i like this, but as maku pointed out, its missing the other colors, i wish itd have more of onua and pohatus colors in it

I do agree with Maku that this looks like a Tahu revamp, but it’s still great.

This really great as just a moc, but it really falls short as an Akamai moc, seeing as it just looks like a bugger Tahu. Other than that, it really is great.