Akida, Primordial Deep

“Can toa Gali reach the greatest depths she’s ever faced to reach Akida and learn just how mighty the sea can be?”

The second redesigned creature to follow Uxar, Lord of the Forest. I’m thinking I’ll make this a series, where I reimagine each G2 creature into more respectable masters of elements. Rather than taming them, each toa must find a way to gain the respect of the mighty creatures so that they earn their right to learn deeper secrets of their elemental powers. (Potentially they have to face personal dilemmas, for example Tahu having to learn to control his temper and learn to understand that not everything can be taken by force. Ikir would be the one to approach Tahu, not the other way around.)

My minor self-implemented rules are that I’ll reuse some elements from the original sets, but most importantly the head. Each time I’ll try to come up with a different head design using the creature headpiece so that the creatures look individual, but remain recognizable.

I have ideas for Ikir and Ketar at the moment, but we’ll see what I’ll do with Terak and Melum.

81 Likes

that’s a lot of akidas, looks pretty good, like some kind of turtle

3 Likes

That back is awesome the way you layered akida heads with the spikes looks amazing.

1 Like

My idea formed around a plesiosaur/lapras type of creature. The tail was initially going to be pointed and potentially long, but I went with a tailfin as a callback to the set. I also liked the repetition of 3 pairs of fins; their consistency looks kickass. Looking from above they have a triangular shape together.

2 Likes

This moc has a very creative design. I especially like the head.

1 Like

Imo it feels too spiny

Looks amazing! I’m trying to decide whether it’d swim moving its tail side to side or up and down… :laughing:

1 Like

This is really good. I like the overall shaping. Though it looks really busy from certain angles. Overall, not bad. Can’t wait to see the rest.

2 Likes

The Moc and concept are both really cool!

2 Likes

The build’s really nice, the back kinda throws me off, though. Other than that, I like the shaping accomplished, especially on the sides.

The colors are what really distract me here. Maybe try to reduce some of the blues, the Takua blue looks especially out of place. The silver is also kinda distracting.

1 Like

One of the best Akida revamps out there. <3 I love how you’ve made its fins. <3

1 Like

The head is my favorite part. The way you used the mask for the lower mandible and the eyes make it look like a really cute sea turtle.

1 Like

looks great… my only gripe is that it isn’t dino-ey enough. oh, well. it’s still wonderful!