Akora: A simple Toa of Ice. (Self Moc)

Pretty cool

But the trans-yellow is a bit out of place.

Spread some of that blue around a bit more

Also, the arms seem a tad long.

The blue only being in the chest is an artistic decision. I see it as a sort of symbol of her status, shown as a breastplate that might have been passed down to her. From a design decision though, I did test adding other blue parts but it ended up cluttering the colors.

But thank you for commenting, still!

You think? The arms just end a little past the pelvis though, which is where they normally stop on a human?

3 Likes

In the first picture it looks like they nearly come down to the knee.

I’d say its a pretty good first try, even reminds me of an old toa of ice I had with the G1 kakama.

Legs are pretty solid but they can use less black and more trans blue, same goes for the arms. And the torso could use some work, its pretty messy and open looking from the front and the shoulder armor really doesn’t do anything, oh and maybe put a gold 2015 texture add-on on the lower legs to balance out that gold a bit more, and make the spike pieces on the skirt to white just to match the rest of the skirt, or it can be gold but that might not work.

Ah yes the problems with dual-injected masks.

Since you don’t have any g1 parts to use either the white or gold protector mask, or any of kopkakas masks, also remember that it can cause the balance difference in color if its not balanced well.

This list will help you if you want to paint Pohatu G2’s mask.

1 Like

[quote=“Joe, post:10, topic:27167, full:true”] In the first picture it looks like they nearly come down to the knee.
[/quote]

Ah you’re right, they do! I didn’t catch that at first thank you! The arms are on friction joints, so removing them should make the length more proportional.

2 Likes

I think making the lower limb bones trans blue would greatly balance the colors.

As for the build, the shoulders look awkward, and the waist is far too bare. Also I feel the shoulders should be more narrow.

Overall, it’s a good idea, flawed execution.

For a limited parts collection, I quite like her! The trans-green on the mask is a bit unusual in comparison to the rest of her. Maybe see about adding some more and changing her weapon out?

Otherwise, good job.

I think the skirt is kind of neat. One issue I have is the lack of white near the chestplate.

At this point I’m going to have to pull the artistic decisions card… so the mask is staying. Any other mask looks too wide and takes away the feminine look I feel I have achieved. Though I do appreciate the suggestions! And I did take a few into serious consideration! So here’s how she looks now.

The shoulder connection’s been reworked for a narrower look, and I added trans blue shells to the upper arms to accompany the breast plate accents. I also worked on the waist to add a little more coverage.

As for the weapon, any suggestions? I think the Lance is fitting because it’s what I would use personally, but I am open to ideas!

5 Likes

I’d recommend using a piece to cover the backs of the legs.

Definitely now that you point it out. How does this look?

Also! How would I go about getting the title changed? My blunder with autocorrect is sort of making me worried that no one will take that mess of a title seriously lol

2 Likes

Considerably better

At the top of the topic there should be a pencil icon near the title that you can use to edit it.

This is quite a nice MOC! I like how you used petite proportions and smaller armoring to give a feminine look, and I really like how effective that skirted area is! The weapon has a nice look to it, as well. If you decide to keep that mask, though, I feel like painting it would make it look more fit for this character. Overall, I like the Ice Queen! “Hey!”

2 Likes

Thanks to you!

You can edit titles without a mod?? That’s a first in all of my forum going! Well thank you again! You’ve saved my dignity somewhat now!

Not a fan of how unarmored/skeletal the waist looks,but otherwise it’s a pretty nice MOC.

Do you have any of those 1X3 gray liftarms with the balljoint in the middle? I think they were used on several of the Toa.

I can see a spot you can attach one to the back to fill in the area between the shoulders/above the white armor shell

I’m wondering how you got the little T piece in the ice shield piece from the Witch Doctor.