Akora: A simple Toa of Ice. (Self Moc)

This is quite a nice MOC! I like how you used petite proportions and smaller armoring to give a feminine look, and I really like how effective that skirted area is! The weapon has a nice look to it, as well. If you decide to keep that mask, though, I feel like painting it would make it look more fit for this character. Overall, I like the Ice Queen! ā€œHey!ā€

2 Likes

Thanks to you!

You can edit titles without a mod?? Thatā€™s a first in all of my forum going! Well thank you again! Youā€™ve saved my dignity somewhat now!

Not a fan of how unarmored/skeletal the waist looks,but otherwise itā€™s a pretty nice MOC.

Do you have any of those 1X3 gray liftarms with the balljoint in the middle? I think they were used on several of the Toa.

I can see a spot you can attach one to the back to fill in the area between the shoulders/above the white armor shell

Iā€™m wondering how you got the little T piece in the ice shield piece from the Witch Doctor.

Really glad it did come across as feminine! Thank you!

I think I know what youā€™re talking about. That peice could fit there with a black pin? But it wouldnā€™t at all be secure and would ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  too easilly.

Thatā€™s something Iā€™m 99.9% sure is illegal connection wiseā€¦ angles and using the hallow side of the shield to my advantage with a little force. Itā€™s probably not coming out very soon.

1 Like

Actually if you have it, you could replace the blue pin with that part from LOSS (two length axle attached to a one length pin, I believe itā€™s not exclusive to LOSS however), and then add a three length blue pin.

Alternatively just try lengthening the 3L armor on the back?

Either would definitely work. For some reason I missremembered that I couldnā€™t put a longer pin there, but thatā€™s not the case. Iā€™ll probably look at the torso again when I return in a little bit. For now I have dinner to prepare.

Thanks for all the input guys!

2 Likes

Looks pretty good. More creative than mine which is a standard Okotan build.
Looks pretty feminine and I appreciate the skirt. Its color scheme is overall pretty cohesive, although Iā€™m not sure how I feel about those black hands. I dunno. The custom waist build is cool, and the shoulder armor adds to the appearance in some way I cannot explain and looks good.

However that waist, although looking good on first glance, I noticed it looked very, very empty. Thereā€™s just chest, a large void, and then hips.
Also the back of the legs is bare and the option you showed above looked pretty good, just looks kind of odd. I suggest using this and attaching it to the legs with 2 of these for each leg. And red pins. But other than that, GOOD!

You need to be a master to do this to any topic.

Sadly this includes ones you own.

(Why did I slack off. It sucks for me to not be able to do this anymore)

Really?

Iā€™ve always thought you could change the titles of your own topics without being Master (in fact, I think I did this before being a Master).

Might have been a recent change.

Anyhoo the MOC is looking much better now.

1 Like

this makes me cry inside

9 Likes

Coming from Mr. Impurist himself? :3

9 Likes

shh

1 Like

I like the use of the Kakama (okay itā€™s not actually a Kakama but to me it always will be.) itā€™s probably my favorite mask from G2 and I really like it here. Personally, the trains green doesnā€™t bother me, but if you put some in her (your? Cuz itā€™s a self moc?) weapon it wouldnā€™t stand out as much.

TLDR;'she looks awesome, love the mask. :slight_smile: