Aliens.

Theoretically, aliens would have a composition of materials and elements not even known to exist…
I mean, we’re talking about stuff that we literally cannot understand, because we haven’t seen it yet.

Not necessarily. We could potentially find humans on other planets, and they’d still be considered “aliens.”

1 Like

Ehhh
The chances of finding carbon-based life on another planet is rare.
It’d have to be (and correct me if I’m wrong here) like 100% exactly like earth.

I really can’t see why you make this assumption.

1 Like

Really?
The only reason our Earth is like it is, is because of it’s position, composition, all sorts of stuff. (Scientifically.)
Any planet with humans therefore must have the same composition, position…
We’re literally in the perfect spot for life. Everything is perfect. Everything lines up. The chance that everything like this happens again is very, very small.
So alien life would be very different from Terran life.

1 Like

The fact that we are carbon-base is not universally based on everything-Earth.

How? With life? Because from what we know this is literally the only difference between Terra and all of the other planets that we have discovered so far.

Yes, we are in the habitable zone. So are trillions of other planets. We discovered hundreds of exoplanets in such positions.

Again, from what we know, Earth is not special when it comes of composition. Mars should be almost identical to us.

Please don’t use this word to validate your points or as a placeholder.

Nope. Not necessary.

Actually it’s very very high.

2 Likes

But all of these factors, combined into one planet, with life…

If there is a planet with life on it, chances are it’s not going to be like ours, simply because there will be very little chance that every single factor that makes Earth, Earth will happen with the exoplanets.

Yup. Pretty common.

Dude. There are no factors provided by the Earth that controlled how we look like. If there is an ape-like being somewhere in the universe, chances are that it will evolve into a humanoid.

2 Likes

Aren’t apes humanoid?

Yes, but we are not apes. We evolved from them tho. If there is an ape-like being, it will evolve into a humanoid, aka a human.

1 Like

Ok
Thx

What would an alien look like?

I find this hard to believe, seeing that the conditions for life as we know it are more than trillions. The orbit has to be exact, the gravity, the materials, the atmosphere, the distance, the moons, the location from its sun, the location from the stars, the weather, the air, the ground, the humidity, the electricity, the surrounding planets…

I just can’t fathom there being trillions of these out there.

Exactly like this.

2 Likes

XD

Well, yes, but actually, no.

1 Like

Every alien is just a clone of the Black Order.

If anyone disagrees, I am open to challenge.

1 Like

I raise you thus handsom fella.

2 Likes

Could have trilaterally symmetrical aliens.

If there are aliens out there, there are probably just some sort of animals without any advanced intelligence. [quote=“meepinater, post:52, topic:48018”]
What would an alien look like?
[/quote]

No, Aliens have looked in one single way since they were invented

Moat of the factors you presented there have absolutely to meaning for the formation of life.

How? How do they not matter? We as life would all die if one of those changed too much.

Well let’s see…

1. First off, I was not necesary talking about the chances of thenformation of life, but rather about the probability of aliens being humanoid. With that said, I will put all of your examples in my context.
    Second off, when you said that thenorbit has to be exact, I think you were refering at the planet being in the habitable zone. And yes, that is one of the main conditions, but as I said: planets being in the habitable zone are not that uncommon. Look at the closest exoplanet of the Solis Solar System: Proxima Centauri b. She is right in the habitable zone of its star, Proxima Centauri. Hell, look at our Solar System itself: there are not one, not two, but three planets in the habitable zone (Venus, Earth and Mars).
  2. The gravity doesn’t play an important role in the formation of life. Yes, a planet needs gravity to sustain life, but as soon as the bosy we are talking about can at least be clasified as a moon, then it automatically has a gravitational field strong enough to attract a human that is jumping on its surface.
    And before you say something in the lines of “the gravity needs to be like ours”, let me tell you that you are wrong. Every body from our SS has a very different gravity compared to the Earth’s. The one with the closest gravitation attraction might be Venus, due to it being a little bit smaller a d as de se as Earth. Studies show that if a human colony would be made on another celestial body, the spines of the humans would either elongate or condensate to better suit the gravity. In other words, we would adapt. So would the life forms that would evolve on different planets.
  3. The… Materials? I mean yes, life as we know it cannot form in gas giants,but I think that was obvious.
  4. OK, here you are right. A planet needs to have a proper atmosphers. Unless we are talking about beings that don’t need air to survive.
  5. The distance? See point number one.
  6. The moons literally don’t play any role.
  7. Location from its sun? See 1) and 5).
  8. Location from its stars? Uhm… See 1), 5) and 7).
  9. The weather mostly results from the atmosphere.
  10. The air also results from the atmosphere.
  11. The ground, aka 3).
  12. We have proofs on our own planet that the humidity is not that important. There are things like reptiles and amphibians.
  13. Electricity literally has no role here.
  14. And neither do the surrounding planets.
1 Like