Alita: Battle Angel

I was honestly shocked there wasn’t already a thread for this movie already. I just saw it a few days ago, and honestly, I thought it was pretty good. The CGI was fantastic, and the story was pretty good. None of the acting was bland either. I’ll also nite that I am unfamilar with the work its based on, so my option might differ from others who are familiar with it.

7 Likes

This might help:

4 Likes

I agree, it was pretty good. Not the best movie I’ve ever seen, but not horrible.

tbh i was going into it expecting it to be bad, but thankfully it wasn’t

2 Likes

I’m hoping to see it once it comes out on Amazon Prime
It looks good, although my friends are a little skeptical about the whole live-action anime style.
Personally, I like it, but then again, I could see why some people wouldn’t.

2 Likes

Admittedly the anime style is very strange but it’s an anazing movie. Really on the style I would’ve made it all anime based or just make it pure live action; the eyes grew on me near the end but still Alitas the only character in it with that look.

2 Likes

Yeah
I guess because she’s a robot, it makes a bit more sense.

1 Like

She’s not the only robot though. More advanced sure but it’s out of place when only one character has that design.

2 Likes

Yeah, true

spoiler tags…

1 Like

Nothing about that really a spoiler though. It’s like saying mega man being special is a spoiler despite the fact he’s the main character.

2 Likes

Yeah, okay.
I just didn’t know that there were other robots.

1 Like

It honestly wasnt that bad. Alita was the only character to have it done, and she had the most CGI work done on her. And the whole thing just comes off as more Disney Princess proportions than Anime proportions. I personally do not enjoy Anime in general, but I liked it, it looked pretty good in the movie.

1 Like

You know, minor spoilers ahead, but I actually prefered Alita’s first body. It was much more elegant and aesthetically pleasing, and overall, I prefered the almost Steampunk look it had.

2 Likes