Altair's Mixels MOCs: Mud Crawler

Hey guys, I’m back with one more character from my 6 set combination project!

This is the Mud Crawler, and it can be made using the series 1 Cragsters and the series 6 Glorp Corp. No picture of the characters right now, sorry.

This very tall dude, I have to say, isn’t my most brilliant creation in terms of looks, but it was very fun to put together. This guy is part of a specie that once had beautiful crystal wings and flew over the forest. But then a natural catastrophe happened, and their habitat was destroyed and transformed into a wasteland, where all they could find was powerful storms and meters of mud as a new, unstable, ground. The transformation was so fast that only few were lucky enough to fly away, so the remaining ones had to evolve, and so they did. Their now useless wings shrunk, and they grew long and powerful legs to crawl in the mud, and they started to keep their important Cubits secured on their chest. It was the birth of a new specie!

All the grey in the lower legs and feet are supposed to represent dried mud that remained stuck on him, and the restriction of knee movement was necessary to keep it stable.

The two appendages that come out of each foot are also for stability.

And after the cool poses, you guessed it, “informative” shots!

Front.

Side.

Back.

Note that the round grey thing on the back is actually part of the tail, this image is a bit misleading…

Here’s a head closeup. If this guy looks to be a bit dumb, is because it is, this specie isn’t really the most intelligent in the world. Next, there’s a picture of the chest and the place where the Cubit is kept. It’s very important for them to secure the Cubits, since they may get lost forever in a storm.

And that has been the Mud Crawler! For some reason, I love it, maybe more than I should. Please, let me know what you think of it in a comment, and if you liked this more story-centered setup, or the previous, simpler one. Be sure to check out all the previous MOCs I made!

24 Likes

arent you a little tall to be s mixel

1 Like

Okay, this is cool, but I have one question.
Where did you get the cubit?

1 Like

I want to hug it so bad.

1 Like

It’s included in this guy

4 Likes

If it’s a mud crawler I suppose it make sense for it to have such long legs. I like it a lot!

1 Like

Exactly. Since I really love reading about evolution and biology, I had a very fun time designing this guy and creating a backsory!

What I really like is when I imagine it has evolved to have such long legs and wings so that their chest painting doesn’t get dirty. That’s an adorable idea I think

You mean the Cubit? I was actually thinking more about “not losing it” than “keeping it clean”, but that works too!

Essentially, if you don’t know, the Cubits are the objects that make Mixels able to mix, so they’re very valuable.

Oh yeah, that’s where I saw these things

This is absolutely awesome! I need to get myself some of these mixels…

1 Like

AS with your others, Awesome job!
Very vibrant and unique!
I love it!

1 Like

Mud CRAWLER?

Anyway, good, but not the best IMO.

2 Likes