Altair's Mixels MOCs: Twilight Catcher!

Oh, gosh, after posting that Makuta MOC (which, if you read the post, you’d know I didn’t really like) I can finally sit back and talk about what I can do really well (A.k.a my Mixels MOCs)!

This time around we’re going to take a look at a very particular kind of creature, the Twilight Catcher!

This creation, as always, is made out of six Mixel characters, in this case the Orbitons snd the Glowkies, both from series 4.

Twilight Catchers are very unique animals that live in the frontier between light and darkness, day and night, life and death. Those ghostly creatures inhabit the ponds close to a huge pine forest in the northern wastelands, and if you are foolish enough to find yourself in this area during the day, you would only find their withered bones scattered across the dirt, and maybe their rotten flesh…

… If you’re even more foolish to be there at night, you would be surprised to find no trace of their bodies, but instead their spirit-like intangible forms…

But during the twilight, their ghostly and tangible forms merge together to create the complete, true animal, and they start hunting for food. This characteristic of dubious usefulness leaves the local inhabitants pretty perplexed to this day, but it’s most efficient in those northern areas where for months the sun never rises fully, and is only partially visible in the horizon.

Ok, fun story aside, let’s take a look at how it’s built!

Front.

Side.

Back.

And a top view.

I already showed the head closeup, but I’m going to present it to you again, since it’s the most important part of the MOC, especially with those huge fangs! The lower jaw was too heavy for just the hinges, so I decided to put a stopper on the bottom in the form of a Mixel joint.

And there you go! Please let me know what you think of it in a comment and leave a like if you enjoyed this creation (or the fancy story), and if you haven’t already, take a look at all my other Mixels MOCs (and comment & like & stuff like that too)!

36 Likes

Ehh, I like the color scheme, but the actual moc doesn’t looks so good, it’s rather cluttered, and the head is giant. The side view isn’t too appealing either

1 Like

I think it’s adorable :blush:.

It looks amazing! I love it!
Nice work incorperating those different colours.

1 Like

Wow, good use of the 6 Mixels.

1 Like

The best part hands down is the mouth weirdly enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Impressive.

1 Like

This may be my favorite one so far. I kinda get some Donkey Kong vibes from it. Lovely job here!

1 Like

Wow, so much drawing to do. :slight_smile:

If you could do instructions for this one that would be great too!

2 Likes

@Zekester thanks! It was very hard to distribute the colors indeed.

@SwagMeister, @Hutere thanks!

@Folk well, that was the intent, so I’m happy to see that I achieved it!

@Grimsock thanks a lot! I’ve never played Donkey Kong so it wasn’t intentional.

@Shadower thanks! I already have instructions, so I will post them soon (ish).

1 Like

Nice MOC.

1 Like

I was originally going to not post anything since there was nothing I could input. Just as I was about to close the tab I thought. Where are its eyes? I I found them after a little bit but I think you could make them a little bigger. That is my only suggestion. This really is a great little kit you have made here.

1 Like

It looks like an alligator cat. Really cool use of Mixel parts

1 Like

I love these mixel mocs

1 Like

SpAce dog! It deserves space dog treats!

1 Like

@squeaverking, @Zero

Semi-undead space cat-crocodile creature of doom! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like