An easy solution to the leg problem

Maybe just giving each Toa some kind of shoulder armor would be best as it would give them the height, unique silhouette, and extra characterization the designs need.
Some examples:
Tahu: extra sword sheathes because he’s a warrior.
Kopaka: a fur collar to go with his cape because he is from the ice region.
Pohatu: has his shoulder pauldron.
Lewa: has her cape.
Gali: ?
Onua: NA

2 Likes

If only LEGO Technic minifigures still existed…

7 Likes

10/10 perfect solution.

1 Like

I never knew those were a thing (I’m not too familiar with system in general).

They look strange, having only seen the standard minifigure, but I could easily see that working well for a toa if it was still around.

This thread has caused me to realize something: I want the Matoran to have shorter legs, but I want the Toa to be normal minifig-scale even more.

I’d rather have the Toa and Matoran be the same height that give the Toa Woody legs or whatever.

3 Likes

I would rather have normal toa then Woody too, but there are still the Hobbit legs. Sure there’s not as much possibility, but how many matoran would really make it into set form anyways?

Actually, there will probably be quite a few as I see many being location based.

So, let me get this straight?

Woody leg pros:

Toa are taller

Everyone has leg movement.

Woody leg cons:

Too tall.

Same height pros:

Everyone has leg movement.

Same height cons:

Matoran aren’t shorter than Toa.

Short Leg Pros:

Matoran are shorter than Toa

Short Leg Cons:

Matoran aren’t as posable.

4 Likes

I don’t see too many being in sets, until the civil war.

1 Like

if the toa used woody legs, the sets would have to be larger to be in scale with the toa, which could increase the part count in structures, possibly increasing the price

Meh. I don’t really care

Things can be pricey anyways.

take for example ninjago city, if the mini figures used long legs each story would need to have extra lair of bricks to accommodate their height. So now a set costing 300$ would cost 300$.

but kids saving up to buy sets would

I don’t get it, why are we thinking this deeply into this?

because woody legs are the bane of my existence /s

That doesn’t answer the question. It dodged it, but didn’t answer it.

2 Likes

Forgetting about someone?

1 Like

The sets can still include matoran even if story wise they would all be frozen in time. We can’t just use the Toa and Rahkshi to fill sets minifigure quota.

Woody legs and arms would be good for Kaita fusions if they ever introduced them back.

The color difference is more than enough to differenciate main characters from important, side characters, and regular citizens.

I kind of feel Kaita fusions are cool set wise but don’t really make sense story-wise.

They currently dont have a fit in the story but given a bit of nudge for it, they could.