An Ihu sport [Worldbuilding] [Characters] [Pitch] (WIP)

Oh man I slacked off again… lol

Gosh dang this actuall works well, but another way would be to have a the arena be a huge tall tube-like thing. The tube is thin, so the ice is always attatched to a wall.

2 Likes

@Levva @RAKRONDEWL: What if the pillars form in a circular pattern, circling the edge of the arena as time passes. Keeping with the concept of hurrying to a pillar before the current pillar collapses, the players would move around the edge of the arena with the pillars, kinda like a clock or timer. Once the players return to their original pillar, the round is over, giving the players a quick breather.

2 Likes

If the area was inclosed how would the refs/spectators collapse the player’s previous platforms? Are they able control ice inside of ice?

That could work, it would definitely give all of the audience a chance to see the players up close.
That said, I would prefer the pillar appearing at a more random location to add a little extra drama to the game.

2 Likes

Maybe there could be refs within the tube, but separated from the players.

That could happen after Round 3 and beyond. And after Round 3, the pillars could appear farthe away or at awkward angles.

2 Likes

That could also work but the idea isn’t really feasible with building a set.
I suggest we invert the idea and the pillars that the players have to make it to are at different heights. This means the players may have to build their way up and around the pillars like a spiral staircase.

That would make sense but I think the circle they travel in in the first round should be smaller. Otherwise there isn’t that great a chance they will make it to a second let alone third round.

1 Like

To answer that question,

:smile:

2 Likes

I imagined this as being a booth with seats like bleachers carved out of the walls.
Or an even better example would be the Colosseum in Rome.
Therefore, they aren’t separated by a layer ice from the players and can use their elemental powers freely.

2 Likes

How would this translate into system? Would we just have half of the arena so that the booths are easy to access, or would we have an arena that opens up via hinges?

2 Likes

I was thinking the booth would just be a small section of the circle and then we would have around three pillars.

2 Likes

I think that using a hinge would be better.

######You could have one set be half an arena and you have to buy 2 to get a full arena, but that would be a P A I N lol

Gee we need to start going again.

2 Likes

Would those three pillars be the ones the players have to navigate upon?

2 Likes

Yes, that is what I was thinking. Each would vary in height (possibly) and have some kind of function.

2 Likes

What if (stay with me on this) the pillars… …were the balls? were able to change their height when unoccupied?

2 Likes

I was imagining there would only be one to start and as the players fight one another, a new pillar “grows” from the depths.

2 Likes

That’s what I had in mind as well, but I was thinking once there were two pillars on the stage, the unoccupied one would constantly alter its height to make it harder to occupy it.

2 Likes

I thought the original pillars started to collapse?

2 Likes

Yeah. The new, unoccupied pillar would alter it’s height, while the currently-occupied pillar would begin to collapse.

2 Likes

I see what your saying now. Yes, I really like the idea and I think it would add a very interesting aspect.

2 Likes

I have a question about the players. Are they fighting with rapiers exclusively, or is it any matching melee weapons?

2 Likes

Maybe there could be a ranking system.
Class 3 Are the balls use poles made of wood.
Class 2 use rapiers.
Class 1 use a melee weapon of their choice (within reason, has to match with the other player’s.)

Something like that.

2 Likes