An Ihu sport [Worldbuilding] [Characters] [Pitch] (WIP)

I could see that, since pole fighting is one of the easier types of fighting, and rapiers being highly complex and requiring proper form.

2 Likes

Okay, which type of gameplay do we use? The one with players going around pillars (@RAKRONDEWL’s idea) or the one where the arena is tall and tube-like (@Levva’s idea )?

2 Likes

Actually, I just had a thought. What if the judges and refs…were the balls? were in a transparent cylinder in the very center of the arena? That way, they can have a 360 view of the match.

2 Likes

I still don’t really like the idea of controlling ice through ice but if you had the fefs inside with the players, it might work.

2 Likes

There could be holes in the ref’s “box” so they can more easily control ice on the outside. And there could be a rule that players who try to connect their ice to the central pillar would be disqualified

2 Likes

That would work for me.

2 Likes

Quick question about contestants. Is it strictly duels (1v1) or can there also be pairs (2v2)?

2 Likes

I think 1v1, 2v2, and even 1v3 could work.

2 Likes

You mean like a Juggernaut match? I could totally see the champ taking on three players who qualify to challenge him.

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking.

2 Likes

I really like the development :smile:

But this question is still unanswered

2 Likes

Players going around the pillars. It’s the only way kids would be able to interact with the characters within the set.

2 Likes

Sometimes I forget that this is all supposed to be in system :stuck_out_tongue:

Pillars it is.

Time for the name discussion and updating the original post…

2 Likes

Currently, the sport is listed as Ice Fencing in the megathread, but I don’t think it’s adequate for all that goes on within the matches.

2 Likes

Yeah thats true.

What if we called the game Thok?

######yoyo piraka

2 Likes

No can do. My new Kal pitch already has the Piraka as characters.

2 Likes

Let’s have an anagrahm of Izotor

Torizo? Izorot?

2 Likes

Rotozi.

3 Likes

Zotori

2 Likes

Tirozo
Ortozi
Itorzo
Ootriz
Trizoo

Torizo = An animated chozo statue (Japanese).
Izorot = A Leagues of Legends user’s name.
Rotozi = This one was interesting: it is the name of a scoop for a digger made by a company named Rotoi. Google’s page translate Identified the language of the company’s facebook page as Afrikaans. Putting Rotozi directly in google translate, it identified the word as Bulgarian and it translates to Rotoi and Rotoi is Maori for smoke.
Zortori = Name of a user on Reddit.
Tirozo = Shot (Spanish).
Ortozi = Orthotics (Greek).
Itorzo = NA
Ootriz = NA
Trizoo = Brand of sportswear.

2 Likes