An Official Statement Regarding Eljay

The prophecies were true… TTE will reign again…

But on a more serious note, the MNOG playthrough is what first got me into this channel, and eventually back into Bionicle itself. So I admit I’m going to miss him from the podcasts and such.
However, I have to say what @smeezle_deezle wrote out is very true; those clamoring for “full transparency” are not going to get it, simply because it doesn’t exist here.
And honestly, I don’t really care for a detailed explanation either. The decision was made, and unfortunately nothing can change that, nor undo the events that led up to it.
Things happen, change occurs, it’s simply part of life. While it hurts for most right now, including the parties involved, the best thing to do is continue looking forward.
I wish Eljay the best of luck on whatever projects he decides to do next, and I wish the TTV Cast the best of luck moving forward with the channel.

7 Likes

ive left this a few days to not want to cause anger. ive been watching ttv longer than most. i rember the ttv vlogs first going up. i rember epieosde 50 going up. i rember when biocraft was still being worked on the first time. i rember the delays. i rember the start of the recaps. then end of the recaps. pins and axels. i rember it all. i rember eljay being there. so after this long this must hurt.

eljay going fills bad and i am sad hes gone. but i am going to focus on something else in this that not many people have. to ttv i am sorry this has happened to you. jon, meso, var, ven, exx, taukma, puprle, invi. the mods. the video editors. everyone involved. i cant imagine what you are going threw. you have just lost a long time friend. one you actually met a few times in real life. you then are hit on here about it. haven’t you suffered enough from him leaving. having to let go of a friend. come on people they are not robots. dont you think they are still hurting from this.

i know the pain wont leave you soon but i hope it does. for the ones that are still friends with him make sure you dont drift apart from this. to those who arent. im sorry this has happened to you. ttv. wont be the same. im not going anywhere. i dont plan to, ive been here from almost the start. longer than some of the hosts.i plan to be here longer than that and this upsetting time isnt going to make that short.

once again. to all of ttv. those who lost a close friends and to those who still are his friends im sorry this has happened to you. and im sorry about the hate your getting because of it. you dont deserve this. no one does.

14 Likes

Okay after skimming through this topic, watching Eljay’s video statement, and listening to TTV episode 261, here’s my informed opinion on the subject:

I am sad that Eljay was fired, that has not changed. I do not see any “bad guy” in the situation, so I don’t see any reason to get riled up or go to war. I’ll continue to follow Eljay in the future, and I’ll continue to watch the TTV podcast and support them on Patreon. The Cast have stated that many of the details are private, so there’s no use to go digging.

Dwelling on this will not help anybody. We must look forward and keep moving.

16 Likes

Though Biocraft got me into this channel, for the most part, Eljay’s contributions kept me around. MNOG with Meso (and all related sequels and spinoffs), the Recaps/Recents, his ideas on the podcast, and Pins and Axles really helped keep me interested, especially after G2 ended, and MakutaFest, and the reviews, and Biocraft. I’ve been overall dissatisfied with TTV and its direction this past year, and after Episode #260/261 (whichever explains what happened) comes out, I may or may not unsub. Perhaps my reaction is part of the anger or depression stage–I don’t know. I do know that I’m going to give TTV the benefit of the doubt until things can be cleared up a bit more, if at all. I hope to see better content from TTV and new content from Eljay in the future.

5 Likes

My words were directed to the ones who had the “toxic relationship” with him. Now I’m not sure if it was you and it was mainly launched at the person I think is responsible. Although you have to realize until more details come out people will be mad and pointing fingers.

2 Likes

And pointing fingers is highly irresponsible. Most of the community has been very accepting and professional about this. Even TTV is trying their hardest to keep things civil during this controversy.

18 Likes

…If I were you, I wouldn’t try to rationalize or excuse what you said, man.

4 Likes

I don’t feel the need too. I also have the right to express my opinions on topics and I’m exorcising that right. I’m not trying to offend anyone. I just think we need more information if they want this to die down

1 Like

True; just a little advice if you want folks to like you.

2 Likes

I edited my post, But I’ll just say it here. I think in order for this “drama” to die down they should release more information. With less information the more speculation there will be.

3 Likes

No, I can definitely empathize with your position, man. It’s frankly going to be tough either way, and while I wish that the fans could change that, I don’t see that happening. That said, I agree with you.

5 Likes

Releasing more information would require more personal details to be shared, and it is clear that both parties are not comfortable releasing those details to the public. TTV has made it clear that there were very valid reasons behind their decisions, and they shouldn’t receive unwarranted backlash based on those choices. Making assumptions without context or reason is just going to hurt both parties more in the long run.

12 Likes

All we can do now is wait (for the right moment). Time eventually has an effect of bringing forth the truth .

2 Likes

I agree. If they ever do choose to release more info, they should probably wait a while for this whole debacle to die down. If they said everything there would probably be a whole lot of trash talking on here and potential misunderstandings and the boards would not be a safe place to be in to say the least.

4 Likes

is this the person who is replacing eljay?

33 Likes

I mean, it’s not like they’ve always tried to maintain a certain number of cast members. I personally thought there wouldn’t be a ‘replacement’, though I guess I have nothing to back my ideas up.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t be classic Indi without me being late to this news lol

Very sad to see Eljay gone. Even though there were occasional issues we had, I consider him a friend, and I’ve always thought of him as a core part of this fanbase.

Things change and people come and go however, hope this doesn’t affect TTV too much, In my opinion it won’t, ya’ll are great, and you’ve been through worse. Keep at it :gregf:

12 Likes

I’m sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings. I wrote a song, but, I don’t think I can compose myself long enough to sing it. I’ll just read it as a poem.

To Eljay-

Your mask shines like the stars at night
Your eyes twinkle like the moonlight
My heart beats like a boss fight
But yours is still, you won the game

You may be gone, but that’s alright
Your recap reviews were hella tight
You sail to the heavens with a tropical kyte
I love you Eljay, you were never lame

13 Likes

Please keep things on topic, and don’t be petty.

(Nice poem tho @Pati)

4 Likes

thank uuuuu :cry:

4 Likes