An Official Statement Regarding Jon

This summarizes the reason for the collective confusion behind Jon’s firing/departure.

8 Likes

I can’t really say much on this. So I shall keep it at what I have typed.

2 Likes

If anything, the TTV won’t apply and it will just be kinda disconnected from the channel (chances are, a lot of people on the boards would still be fans of TTV.)

1 Like

One needs to remember that TTV was a group of friends - a very close knit and fiercely protective group of friends.

To say nothing of the events leading up to Eljay’s firing, it’s pretty easy to infer that years of issues between people do eventually build up. The group of people behind TTV have known each other and worked together for the better part of a decade, and there have been plenty of ups and downs.

The specifics of this don’t need to be known by the general public as it serves no purpose to air dirty laundry. However, bear in mind that TTV is a workplace as well as a group of friends, and when someone causes issues in that workplace eventually actions must be taken.

Speculation is going to exist until such a time as those involved decide to make it public knowledge, that’s the nature of the internet, however I urge all of you to remember that the events of the last year have shaken a group of close friends more than you could ever imagine, and in order to heal there needs to be a certain amount of respect given to them in regards to privacy.

As far as what the future holds? Have faith. It’s very likely TTV will never be quite the same, but that doesn’t mean that it’s a negative thing. In fact, I’m willing to bet that what comes next will blow everything else out of the water.

Have faith. Have faith that these decisions aren’t made lightly - and more importantly have faith that these guys have been doing this long enough to know how to bounce back.

After all, the list of former hosts is longer than the list of current, and that never hurt them before :wink:

-Kini Hawkeye

51 Likes

I don’t think that it matters, dude. Note that Var doesn’t mention anything about the audience or the viewers; it’s all about the cast and crew.

Yup.

5 Likes

@prentice1215 Pweff is barely on anymore, and I said at this rate, implying if more leave they’d need a casting call.

@TridahkMaster I guess.

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

Basically everything I was trying to say, thanks for your comment, @HawksRequiem.

1 Like

Same

-Mesonak

57 Likes

@IllustriousVar, I am sorry you have had to make these hard decisions and statements. @theTTVcast, I realize this hurts you guys the most and want to say that I am sorry this happened. Hang in there guys.

To Prpl and Jon, regardless of what has transpired, I wish you each the best and hope you prosper at your future endeavors.

-RAKRONDEWL

6 Likes

I know this part of the discussion has died down, but I still wanted to point out something Var said that’s kind of being twisted around by some people. When he said “we will never let you down again,” that was directed at the cast and crew, not the fans.

After running the channel for so long, I think Var is well aware that there will always be some things TTV (or any big channel, for that matter) do that’ll let down some fans. This is more of a personal thing than that. It’s obviously a really tough debacle to grapple with for the crew, and not to speak for any of them, but if I was Var, I would feel some responsibility for anything bad that may have happened under my watch. As irrational as that feeling may be, I still would want to apologize to my employees/coworkers about that happening, especially if those people are mainly my friends.

I really think that’s all that section was. Not some promise to the fans that the channel wouldn’t let them down, but him reassuring the cast that he wouldn’t allow anything as negative as what may have happened to transpire again.

20 Likes

Well, this is pretty sad to see.

Though, does this mean that prpl will make fan art again?

4 Likes

Correct

-Mesonak

11 Likes

It was suposed to be the line he has to Cap regarding how he destroyed the Avengers. But i think i got it wrong. And i agree with you.

1 Like

Don’t worry I’m still here.

I mean… If it does anytime soon, I’m sure

something else is bound to take its place… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks man. Honestly, all your support is very much appreciated, regardless of any misunderstanding that is made. I’m glad to know you guys really care at all.

Huehuehuehue

11 Likes

If you remain, then everything will be OK.

3 Likes

@Wheatley
Found it: “An empire toppled by its enemies can rise again. But one that crumbles from within, that’s dead. Forever.” -Zemo

I wanted to say something else relevant to the conversation at hand, but I got nothing.

3 Likes

i cant go ill for a day can i. last time i was ill eljay went. sigh. this is sad. very sad to see. ttv will continue. to all those at ttv who have lost 2 friends so recently. thank you for not giving up. thank you for still making content. thank you for going forward when the fans sit here and cry that your bleeding out. i love ttv. i havent had the free time to watch it. but i still love ttv. and i will always love ttv. be here to the end. at the rate this is going im become a longer time watching member than the cast who are doing it :stuck_out_tongue: i will always love ttv and will be here to the end. thank you for still doing this even after such painful losses.

6 Likes

I have to say, this is very upsetting news. Jon and Prpl were definitely two of my favorite members of TTV, and things will definitely be different without them.
However, I will continue to listen to TTV’s podcasts, and I wish the best for the group going forward.

2 Likes

TTV
The Tower of Ven
Ven builds a massive fortress and takes over the world.
eBay is made the new world religion.
The empire prospers.

35 Likes

Makes perfect sense.