An Official Statement Regarding Jon

Haha good meme

30 Likes

Now I am legitetmently confused.

To further clarify, let me explain why I see this as TTV nearing it’s end. Let’s turn to their channel, because that’s the bread and butter. Let’s look at two VERY important bits of information; their subs and views.

Here is their subscriber count

and here is their latest video, posted 6 days ago. Out of 48,000 people, only 900-ish are watching? That does not bode well.

But let’s go further, let’s look at their like/dislikes and comments:

Only 50 people liked that video, and 9 disliked it. Then, there are only 41 comments on the video.

TTV has been headed down this path for quite some time. I noticed it months ago, around the time Eljay got fired/left. Their views and stuff have only declined since I last saw them. Needless to say, I just don’t see things lasting much longer. That’s both unfortunate for their fanbase, and for people like me who are on the Boards for the community and platform.

7 Likes

Very negative. Here’s the thing: most people don’t come to TTV for their reviews, they can look up many others who do the same thing (besides Recap). So I’m not really surprised by this. Also, TTV isn’t in it for the views, subscribers, likes, comments, or even mula. They do it because it’s what they enjoy. I think it is unfair to judge them from this one video, while they’ve survived for years.

7 Likes

So is there going to be TTV factions now?

2 Likes

Oh. Huh.

It feels strange to be hearing this about Jon. I guess I’ll just wait until an explanation comes around.

1 Like

I doubt we will be getting much more of an explanation any time soon.

Well sure, if I go back to their Prime Time in 2014 the numbers are completely different. Like, everyone has their own reasons for liking or disliking TTV, and I’m not trying to change that.

But let me put it to you this way, in order for them to keep doing what they like doing, they need to have the fanbase/views and stuff. If not enough people are tuning in for the content that’s being made in the here and now, then how will TTV as a channel survive?

Like, I’m not even trying to be a pessimist, I’m just being logical and going by numbers and what I know. So take what I think with a grain of salt if you don’t concur. I totally get and understand if you don’t feel the same way. I’m just putting my opinion out there is all.

9 Likes

i doupt there will be one, because as far as i remember, there have not been an explenation given for why Eljay left. So if this is true, then i doupt they will give an explenation for this as well.

By the way, am i the only one here who finds it a bit unnerving when someone who has also recently declared that they are leaving, then give a like to a topic about someone else leaving?

I think it’s not a good idea to draw those sorts of opinions from one video. There’s a video sitting at 1.1k from 2 days ago and one at 4.9k views from a week ago.

Similarly if you look at the archive channel where they post all their podcasts they have 331 subs and most videos hitting around that mark for viewers

3 Likes

I think they’ll keep going based on the 169 views the latest video has.

Sorry if I came as a little argumentative in my last post.

If it’s like Eljay’s case, we won’t get one at all.

4 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know. I took a good scroll through TTV’s content and its view count on average, but most particularly the “TTV podcasts” and “Brickfeed” for being consecutive series-type podcasts more aimed at returning viewers (where as things like “M.O.C. Spotlight” can be more of a one-time channel visit). Their views from year from now (before Eljay got fired) up to now have consistently been staying around the 1.5-2.0k view range, as an approximate average. This is without the fact that you are judging currently uploaded content to videos that might be six or more months older than it.

I would more say that TTV’s issue is that they have been staying in one area with their views and such, rather than dropping in said views.

3 Likes

Whilst I don’t expect an explanation I do think the apology to viewers and the thanks for continued support rings a bit hollow without one.

They don’t have to tell anyone their private details or the like but to go “we messed up sorry and thanks for sticking around oh but we won’t tell you what we messed up” seems like trying avoid the actual consequences. How can people know whether to continue to support or forgive they don’t know what happened in the first place?

6 Likes

Yeah. The most we got was when Eljay himself made his separate statement video.

3 Likes

Listen, In my mind I am by no means entitled to an explanation. I think the safety of the cast should come first, and if that means no explanation, then thats okay IMO.

2 Likes

Alright people, place your bets. Whose going to get the ax next? /s

In all seriousness, I’m conflicted by this. Jon has always been my least favorite cast member, always coming off as slightly pretentious in some areas, IMO, but overall he seemed like a nice enough guy. He always gave updates in the Patron Discord Chat and was usually pretty friendly and there were some good discussions to be had. To see this happen out of the blue, and it does seem out of the blue this time is shocking, but it’s not like I’m exactly sad to see him go per se.

At the end of the day, I hope this brings the current cast members closer together and serves as a point for nothing but improvement going forward. Wishing you guys the best of luck.

16 Likes

LMAO :joy:

TTV is dead

5 Likes

I agree we aren’t entitled to one and that the cast and crew safety should be the number 1 priority. If TTV had just said something similar to the eljay scenario is have nothing more to add but to come out and say “we failed” and thanks for the continuing support without giving even general details about the situation seems off to me. They arguably were more forthcoming about the eljay situation than this and probably more so than they needed to be.

Given the nature of the statement speculation is going to run wild about what happened and it will inevitably lead to some people jumping to some pretty extreme conclusions, especially in conjunction with prpl leaving even though that could easily be completely unrelated.

It doesn’t need to be intimate private details, other names shouldn’t be mentioned but for this action to actually mean something they shouldn’t be even more vague than when eljay was fired.

5 Likes

Yeah, it does say something when you fire another long term member with an answer more vague than “personal conflicts.”

6 Likes

Like Prentice, I was never a huge fan of Jon, but it’s still sad to see him go. Hopefully he does well in his future endeavors, whatever those may be.

Now, there are some people who feel TTV is nearing the end with all that’s happened in the past couple of months. Personally, I want people to think of this as the rebirth of TTV, not the beginning of the end for them

17 Likes