An Official Statement Regarding Jon

Nope. Nope. That’s not what “again” means; this is an entirely different sort of deal. Var is wanting to let you know that while he’s reticent to say that the cast will make any sort of similar mistake in the future, he recognizes that he failed to maintain the kind of work environment that is necessary for the cast to function smoothly on and off camera. As far as Eljay’s departure was concerned, there was certainly some conflict/friction in the works, but we got the impression that the issues were more of a relational kind. I could be way off base, but there seemed to be some serious offense this time around. I mean, Meso appeared on Eljay’s weekly YT show last week; I can’t see him appearing on The Jonathan Juan show any time soon. :confused:

Alright, well, that may as well remain a theory to you, because someone could have easily made that up. None of us will ever have a clue, which is fine.

That said, yes, I would agree that that is plasible.

9 Likes

TBH the thing that bothers me the most is Var’s somewhat ominous and very vague statements about trying and failing their fans, especially since we have no idea how they failed us, or even in what way. At least with Eljay’s firing/departure, we got some closure since we knew it was just internal problems, but in this case, we’re left with nothing. I guess Kahi did something that went against TTV’s internal rules of employee conduct or somehow reduced the quality of certain content, based off of what little info we’ve been given.

7 Likes

Here is a little post from Jonathan’s Twitter account, made on January 24th of this year:
“Me and @prpl_drpl’s new webcomic was on the front page of @tapas_app! The reception has been amazing so far! Can’t wait for you guys to see what we’ve got planned!”

Make of this what you will.

3 Likes

I don’t actually watch TTV anymore so could you go into detail on what kind of relationship we saw with the cast on screen?

1 Like

Me watch ninjago? :yikes:

6 Likes

Wow, this is shocking. Must have been pretty severe, considering he seemed on good terms with the rest of the cast not too long ago.

2 Likes

Let’s be clear.

These two situations occurred for completely different reasons. Your ideology is not necessarily flawed, but it does not apply to this at all. It doesn’t even make sense how you could apply that logic to this.

We’re talking about the integrity of a relationship between a whole group of people. As time passes, between friends, you either learn that some things continue to work or they don’t. I’m sure not a lot of you guys kept the same friends from ten years ago, or maybe even just a year ago. Sometimes you outgrow old friends, sometimes you come to differences you can’t resolve, sometimes things just get way too complicated.

Usually, we do our best to find resolve no matter the challenges we approach… But unfortunately, it didn’t work out. After everything that transpired before, nobody looked forward to making this sort of decision again.

I’m sorry it’s been hard on you all, but trust when I say, it’s been incredibly difficult for us.

These people are my friends, some of them long-term friends.

It’s been difficult for me.

35 Likes

And this is the newest tweet from the comic account:
"As of yesterday, Jon is no longer associated with this comic in any way. Vindicaris will not be affected by this, however, so everything will continue on like normal~

Thanks for your support :purple_heart:
-Prpl"
They also didn’t comment on each other’s tweets about leaving TTV and they don’t follow each other on Twitter anymore so I think that the rumor might be true but I don’t really need to know what exactly happened.

9 Likes

This thing is falling apart.
Eljay, Purple, John…

2 Likes

“A nation can be toppled by its enemies and rise again, stronger then before. But one that cripples from within? That’s dead”

God i hope i got that quote right.

Hope this won’t mean the end tho. TTV was what made me come back to bionicle and i would hate to see it go. Keep it up, you will always have my support.

4 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks this is a pretty early April fools preparation?

1 Like

I know it isn’t, but that reminds me a lot of Zemo in Captain America… TTV Civil War is real, guys.

I’ve taken some time to gather my thoughts (that sounds weird) over this decision, so here they are:

As for where I stand on this, Jon definitely was not my favorite of all cast members, but he definitely added something to the podcast and to Brainstorm, no matter how many times I wanted him to just leave the latter show entirely. Without him, perhaps the podcast will change for the better. Perhaps it will change for the worst. Perhaps it seemingly won’t change at all.

Prpl is a much less sensitive case to me. Her art was always amazing and such, but I feel like so often she would be on a podcast that I felt like she was just always there. Even with that, she talked so little she did not feel as big as Jon, Var, Meso, or Ven. Therefore her leaving does not really seem to change a lot for my feelings about the podcast.

What to do from here? Well, I was shocked when my second-favorite cast member was fired a while ago. He had been a part of it for so long and felt like such a necessity that I could tell TTV would not be the same. Sync slowly disappeared, and Mardi Gras is dying (:cry:), so I feel like I was right. However, as I see all of the inside jokes and traditions die, I still have enjoy TTV’s content, and am happy that it still carries its personality of the older days (I don’t really know what I’m talking about, my first podcast was when the Ninjago Movie sets were revealed). I didn’t leave when Eljay left, so I’m not going leave when two of my least favorite cast members disappear. I hope you guys make it through this!

@Sokoda
Yes. Unless… :thinking:

4 Likes

This is not an april fools prank, in any regard.

15 Likes

Wow ok, I hope you can understand how one could have that assumption

No worries, I understand. Just wanted to make sure the record was straight.

11 Likes

By now I am so disconnected with TTV that I do not know anymore which member Jon actually was. Can anyone clear me up?

1 Like

The guy who had the glass, had the name Kahi, was Asian. Plz don’t call me racist.

4 Likes

Aah… thanks. Now I have a picture of him in my head. Don’t worry, there was nothing racist about what you said.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Although Prpl seems to like it.

4 Likes

(insert joke about JonTron leaving game grumps here)

20 Likes