Anime Discussion your thoughts and opinions on any anime

Miyazaki is a grumpy old westaboo but his elitistic comments don’t tell me how Ghibli wouldn’t be anime. If it’s because of the art style or animation quality, there are plenty of similar works from other Japanese studios.

Let’s put it this way: what is anime and how doesn’t Ghibli fall under the definition?

Westaboo, really, I roll my eyes on that term.

Go ahead: it’s a silly yet understandable term.

You wouldn’t happen to be talking about this stuff

Cuz it’s fake

3 Likes

He has said that Osamu Tezuka ruined anime for setting the bar too low in terms of animation cost. The screen-cap isn’t far from reality, and so it makes a great misquote.

1 Like

It was a mistranslation.

He said your waifus are s—. They’re nothing but trash.

He then went to go hug waifu pillows of worst girls

1 Like

Miia dakimakura is the bee’s knees.

3 Likes

@TravelerViridi because meh

Well, might as well.
Anyone wanna fangirl about Gotenks? Or Raditz, any of both.

It’s happening

I would get excite, but the monogatari series never got me excite.

except for that toothbrush scene

I actually have the episode on my phone :stuck_out_tongue:

Pro tip: don’t watch Nisemonogatari.

I don’t understand it.
I never will.

I don’t wanna understand it.
C:

Stan Lee?

I understand why people love it. I’m a big fan of DBZ besides that I don’t really watch it

Just got into One Piece, and Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans

one punch man did not live up to the hype for me. Samurai Flamenco and Tiger & Bunny were better superhero anime than one punch man. They had a plot and better character development.

Anime

Movies>>>>>Series

It depends. Sure, I’d rather watch Pokémon movies than the TV series but would I prefer Gurren-hen and Lagann-hen over Gurren Lagann? There are good animated movies as well as TV series, originals and adaptations alike.

Conclusion: go watch Japan Anima(tor) Expo shorts.

1 Like

It’s a friggin landslide for me. I can name tons of great anime films even outside of Studio Ghibli.

But good anime series seem few and far between. Especially with many of the most popular ones these days being horrible.