Anime Discussion your thoughts and opinions on any anime

Because it’s a comedy you aren’t meant to take it seriously.

Anime I watch and enjoy: JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure and RWBY*.

*Monty Oum said it was an anime, also in Japan, any non Japanese cartoon is considered anime.

1 Like

RWBY technically isn’t an “anime” :grimacing:

1 Like

IN Japan it is. In Japan they call all cartoons(not just their own) anime. Anime is just a shortened version of animation. Therefore RWBY is an anime.

1 Like

Yes that is true anime is a shortened version on animation, but we’re talking about anime as in straight out of Japan. So yes while any animation is considered anime in Japan this topic is specifically for anime from Japan. Now I’m not saying RWBY isn’t an anime, but if you plan on a having a discussion only about RWBY. There’s already a specific topic for it and should be discussed there instead of here.

1 Like

I think it’s worth adding that the main thing that makes us think a series is an anime is the style. The way everything is drawn and stylized defines Japanese animation for us foreigners (From Japan’s point of view.). RWBY may not have been made in Japan, but it certainly was stylized like one. Not to mention picking up a lot of the tropes that pop up in anime.

Monster is an anime that was made in the early 2000’s. It however has many aspects of its animation that deviate from what would be considered the standard (If you look up pictures, you’ll see what I mean). But we don’t argue whether it’s an anime or not, do we? In the end the only things that define an animated show/movie, is the art style, plot, and characters. And RWBY’s are almost virtually the same as Japan’s standard (Almost like it was planned that way…).

1 Like

Chinese cartoons have credits in Chinese. This one article explains things well.

1 Like

I’m about to finish an anime called Mushi-Shi, it’s very different than just about every anime I’ve seen and I find it to be very well done. I’m going to start watching Haibane Renmei soon. I also started RWBY, which may or may not be an anime, either way, I’m still watching it even if it isn’t one.

2 Likes

Yeah I know. Just saying, when outside of Japan, you refer to Japanese animation, as anime, while over in Japan it’s all types of animation

even if it was a comedy it wasn’t very funny

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rooster Teeth’s RWBY [Discussion]

Thanks very much appreciated @Waj

2 Likes

Recently started watching this goofy thing called Dagashi Kashi. Stars a gal who’s obsessed with crisps, sweets, and candy stores.
Somehow she has no belly on her.
Oh, Japan.

Anyhow, the first episode showed promise for decent goofiness, but for such a simple concept, it seems to go nowhere with itself afterward, meandering with dull attempts at humor and suchlike. It feels like a hyperactive Lucky Star or something. The (english) voice actors sound like they’re kinda having a friggin blast tho, I found that kinda charming.
Hardly anything I’d call awful or even bad, and far far from the worst anime I’ve seen, but not anything I’d recommend.

Trust me: it goes nowhere. Every joke has the same structure, so don’t expect anything more than what you’ve seen thus far. Dagashi Kashi is only worth watching if you enjoy Hotaru’s hijinks and sweet talk.

Hotaru best and breast girl

1 Like

I just started watching Digimon Tri (and paused on One Piece).

2 Likes

I’ve also been watching Digimon tri, and man I think it’s great how we get to see the characters deal with these situations. Especially now that they’re older they see that there are dire consequences for their actions even if they thought it was a good choice to make.

1 Like

Agreed

1 Like

So currently the series I’m watching is Dimension W. The dance in the OP is hilarious. Also I’ve recently seen the first episode of Persona 4 the animation, I may watch more.

But yeah, I’ve watched: JJBA, TTGL. KLK, Hellsing Ultimate, Attack On Titan, I’ve seen a couple of episodes of SAO before I got bored, and a few episodes of Akame Ga Kill as well(that was even more boring, the weapons were pretty cool).

I’d recommend playing P4 instead, if you can.

THISTHISTHISTHISTHISTHIS

Persona 4 is one of the greatest RPGs ever. The anime is nice but the game is phenomenal.