Anime Discussion your thoughts and opinions on any anime

I probably won’t play the game any time soon, maybe in the future. Cause the games I really want to get right now are: Dark Souls, Infamous, Infamous 2, and X-Men Destiny. I may decide to get Destiny(there is a version with all the DLC for PS3, I’ve seen it) because I’m curious what it would be like playing it on a PS3 that isn’t connected to the internet, and possibly Demon’s Souls.

On anime related subjects: Viz Media now has the rights to JJBA, DP will still be making the show, but WB will no longer be distributing JJBA.

Better get it before Persona 5 comes out this year. Dat game is going to shatter the earth.

so, uh,
am I alone in my love for this show?

because it’s seriously my favorite anime, I only wish I had gotten into anime sooner so that I could have watched it when it was more relevant.

New PV for Berserk emerged - now we get to see the PS3 graphics even better.

At least it’s tackling the Conviction Arc.

1 Like

the dark souls of anime

so I guess i’m the weird one in the corner saying ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNCHHHHHHHHHHH!!! (Awesome music plays).

Does anyone know what happened to Magical Suite Prism Nana? It was supposed to come out last year but my best bet is that SHAFT is just disregarding deadlines.

About One Punch Man…

what other stuff has that studio made?

Pretty much everyone who worked on Wanpanman also did something on Space☆Dandy.

The main studio for Wanpanman was Madhouse which is known for their movies. And, well, Madhouse also did Trigun, the Hellsing remake and Black Lagoon.

1 Like

I did enjoy Space Dandy quite a bit…

I finished Steins;Gate, I then watched the film Princess Mononoke and I’m about to finish Death Parade.

Hmm… I’ve liked the Dragonball series since forever.
I finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist 2003, and I loved it, but I still didn’t see Conquerer of Shamballa. And Soul Eater was great.
And…I liked SAO I and II. RUN!

Also I hated this:
http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/things-you-regret-playing-watching-listening-to/24696/10

Holy heck, just finished Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) and that… that was great. There was a bit pulled from basically nowhere but overall it really was great. Not sure if I’m gonna like Brotherhood as much, as it seems to be that whichever one you watch first is the one you’ll like more. I think I even recovered all the sanity I’d lost from watching “The End of Evangelion”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s a suggestion, if you are a living human, watch this show.

EDIT:
And by episode 6, it tries to play off a fight as important and dramatic but it hasn’t developed the characters near enough for it to achieve that and the 2003 version masterfully pulled it off. I understand why, but there should have been quite a few more episodes before this fight. I’m really hoping things don’t stay this way. It’s 15 episodes worth of character building and tension thrown into 6, and rearranged events that cause much less hype and tension. Come on, you NAILED it the first time, don’t go screwing it up now. I do know that this is the manga version, but they could’ve at least drawn it out a bit. I can’t say I like the characters enough I this version so far to care as much as I did in the original. It’s not bad just inferior so far. REALLY hoping it shapes up and all the claims that it’s the superior version are not just based on it being manga accurate. (Have not read the manga)

2 Likes

I watched FMA first (you definitely should watch the original 1st), and I enjoy Brotherhood even more. The first opening is fantastic.

Honestly I’ve only seen brotherhood because my friend told me it was way better than the original one.

Okay, quick toughts on random anime I watch:

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: AWESOME!

One Piece: I love this show. Also this was the first anime I ever got into.

Fairy Tail: has it’s moments, and I do like Natsu and Erza quite a bit.

Trigun: One of the best shows I have ever seen. Period.

FMA Brotherhood: another one of the best shows I have ever seen.

Durarara: really neat.

and for unpopular options:

Gurren lagan: I don’t like this show, mainly because of Yoko Litter. She feels much more like a sex object than a character. I can accept that in small doses but when that’s the only reason your character exists it just turns me off.

Neon Genesis Evangellion: I watched an episode of this show, and didn’t find it that interesting.

Kill La Kill: I don’t like this show for the same reason I don’t like Yoko Litter.

1 Like

But, she exists to parody and stereotype the generic love interest in Mecha, and actually gets good character development throughout the series?

5 Likes

I finished brotherhood, and it shaped up REALLY well. Probably the best show I’ve seen in a long while, if not the best. I miss the relationship between Ed and Al present in the 2003 version, but I like both for what each offer. I still stand by my opinion that the start is written impatiently. Things started getting better by episode 8 and more than half an episode was spent on events. (That’s a bit of an exaggeration, but they got to the 5th lab by ep 8, so I think that shows my point pretty well. :P)

Already :open_mouth:

Binge watching happens to be my specialty. XP

Same here, just didn’t watch FMA Brotherhood that quickly because Netflix didn’t have every season. I finished 200+ episodes of One Piece, in a week xD

1 Like