Anime Discussion your thoughts and opinions on any anime

Oh boy, don’t think even I could manage that! XP

1 Like

[quote=“Sushiyoda, post:111, topic:4710, full:true”] I finished 200+ episodes of One Piece, in a week xD
[/quote]

Holy crap dude! That took me three months!

1 Like

One piece is really addictive… especially after Alabasta.

1 Like

One Piece is basically suicide on the ability to watch anything else though.

Which is why, despite how much you people may know me, I haven’t started it yet.

Finish everything you’re currently watching… it’s definitely one of those shows.

1 Like

If you want I could make you a list on episodes you should probably skip.

1 Like

THAT WAS SUCH A GOOD ANIME

Also anyone seen Boku no Hero Academia. It was soooooooo hype and amazing.

So it turns out no one was lying when they said Cowboy Bebop is amazing.

Aight so: I am not subscribed to Funimation premium, but I am planning to watch the prequel to “Barakamon”, “Handa-kun”. If anyone has seen it, could they tell me if it is worth my time?

Also, has anyone else finished “Sakamoto desu ga?” What are your opinions? I personally thought it was pretty funny.

Just got into Boku no Hero Academia (My Hero Academia), and it was fantastic! And guys, don’t watch To Love Ru… unless you want to, that’s perfectly fine… just don’t discuss it on the boards.

2 Likes

The first few episodes of Brotherhood have a similar story to 2003, except the pace is slightly faster. I’ve heard it’s a bit jarring to people but since I watched Brotherhood first I didn’t notice it. It doesn’t take to long for Brotherhood to begin differing from the 2003 series. I personally like both series a lot but I absolutely love Brotherhood, there isn’t anything pulled out of nowhere, which is a major reason I think it’s the superior series. Not saying the 2003 series is bad, it actually accomplished a few things Brotherhood didn’t try, but that’s why I think they’re both worth a watch. Although I favor one over the other they both cover some similar things but eventually do things quite differently. A lot of characters get more attention in Brotherhood, but 2003 decided to break off and give attention to the homunculi which I thought was really cool. So yeah. Watch both.

2 Likes

I willing agree with this. However, I cannot stand how impatiently the first 7 episodes are. I can’t get attached to characters nor can I take things as seriously as they’re meant to be. For me personally, the pacing of something is important, I can’t stand rushed stuff, well scratch that, gurren lagann was fun. I can’t stand it where it doesn’t belong.

1 Like

The character introductions in Brotherhood really suck, compared to the original.

1 Like

I saw Naruto in bits a peices when I was younger and having rewatched the cannon episodes earlier this year I’d like to go over some thoughts.
Ok, OG Naruto:
Good but I REALLY wanted more cannon and relevant missions with team 7 like the first ark, the filler mission they crammed in before Sasuke went rogue and referenced as what pushed him over was a PATHETIC attempt at a filler mission ark. I missed all but the first episode of said filler due to them not loading and it was just pathetic from that first episode, not sure if the other two did any better. Honestly, most of my complaints about the rogue scenario would’ve been resolved if they has more missions like the first ark and built up more of a relationship between the characters as they hadn’t really felt close since the end of the first ark. Also Sakura is useless, annoying, etc.

Shippuden:
Was good, it got too big for itself though and I don’t like it as much as I did around the Pain Ark. Itachi’s ark was also really good but I felt it should’ve been wrapped up way differently. The whole war thing and pulling deus ex machina all over the place was just sloppy and got way too big for itself.

1 Like

I agree with most that Shippiden goes down after the Pain Arc. Itachi persoIt arc is in my opinion, the best arc Naruto has ever given us. If we are comparing Shippiden from when the pain arc ends to the OG series, that I would say Sgippuden wins all the way. I appreciate Shippiden’s more mature tone compared to the OG (not saying the sillier aspects were all bad necessarily). But as Shippiden became sloppier I kind of have to say that the original was better.

1 Like

I agree with what’s stated here. Personally the unpredictability of Itachi’s ark was one of many things that made it great. It might have come out of nowhere but it worked really well. The war thing was silly and stupid. It’s one of the situations where it’s like “even in your crazy universe I don’t believe this could happen”. It’s not a Gurren Lagann where the whole point is blowing stuff up as it steadily gets bigger and bigger. I honestly would’ve preferred if tobi/“madara” would’ve stayed confined to characters and areas we already knew, because even though they introduced a ton more places it never made use of them other than as a plot device and even then characters we already knew just got wasted. Honestly there are a ton more befitting and better ways to tell a similar story I can think of. The way it did end or is ending isn’t really befitting or believable.

1 Like

Hey so has anyone seen FLCL? I want to watch it but I don’t like things that are super inappropriate, I’ve looked up stuff online and the info is pretty unspecific and I’ve heard different things from different sources. Would you say PG-13? R? Something else?

Well I own it and the rating says pg14 so think of like family guy sort of to get a general idea I guess.

Buddy you’re watching the wrong form of media then.

5 Likes

I see your point but with that same logic live action is the wrong form of media as well.